Posted about 1 year ago
Title: Sr. Corporate Librarian
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Sr. Corporate Librarian
Deerfield, IL or Virtual/Work from Home (US)
- The Information Management Center (IMC) is the corporate library for the Baxter enterprise.
- The IMC collections include online journals, eBooks, citation databases, full text content sources, market and clinical data sets, standards, secondary market reports, and other relevant content sources.
- The IMC supports the information and intelligence research needs of all Baxter employees through subscription products, self-service tools, and mediated search services.
- Addresses business information needs across the enterprise through in-depth, cost-effective information research and information research strategy consulting.
- Stakeholders include, but not limited to: R&D, Medical Affairs, Pharmacovigilance / Patient Safety, clinical, marketing, business strategy, and innovation teams.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders and influences external vendors as needed to meet business needs.
- Understands business priorities and creates solutions that align with the priorities.
- Monitors developments within the information industry including content, delivery systems, and products to be reviewed, and assists in the implementation of new products and services.
- Leads the identification and implementation of business, industry and market information solutions for business priorities, such as: product identification, evaluation, trials, and user training.
- Conducts comprehensive and in-depth information research using multi-system approach with standard and specialized resources such as: Ovid clinical and life sciences databases; EbscoHost databases; EvaluatePharma/Medtech; Factiva; FactSet; IQVIA databases; D&B Hoovers.
- Provides analysis and information research methodology training to stakeholders and team members.
- Leverages project management skills for IMC projects which enhance customer experiences, efficiency, and outputs.
- Mentors other IMC staff members and experienced self-service customers for information research, information management, and intelligence research projects.
- Participates in the IMC training program by sharing expertise with team members and stakeholders
Qualifications and Experiences
- Master of Library and Information Science preferred. 5+ years’ experience with literature searching and other relevant information research for equivalent skill level will be considered.Minimum: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in a corporate (pharmaceutical, medtech, or medical) Information Center with primary focus on independently performing complex search requests preferred.3+ years’ experience in an academic or hospital life sciences library will be considered.
- Experience with end-user training in the use of self-service information research products, such as Ovid.
- Experience providing information research consulting with stakeholders to identify, define, and plan information research projects.
- Strong working knowledge of Ovid life sciences databases.Working knowledge of EbscoHolst, EvaluatePharma/Medtech, Factiva, FactSet, IQVIA, D&B Hoovers, or related information research systems.
- Demonstrated success collaborating with third-party vendors for literature, MAUDE, and other search projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders and vendors