Posted about 1 year ago
Here at Clerky, we build software to make legal paperwork easier for startups and their attorneys. We're profitable and growing sustainably. We're the most popular way for high-growth technology startups to form, and are also used by tons of top-tier startups for hiring and fundraising.
As a senior customer operations associate at Clerky, you will be the voice of the company to thousands of startup founders, investors, and attorneys. These customers use Clerky to get critical legal paperwork done, often on a tight timeline. Our success is based on word-of-mouth, so we have a strong culture of providing world-class service (ask us about our satisfaction ratings!). We are rabidly customer-centric. Both our founders have substantial work experience in customer operations, and consider it integral to driving revenue and growth.
Helping our customers can be unusually challenging due to the nuanced and specialized nature of their questions. The level of craftsmanship that goes into writing responses to our customers can be intense. Doing the job well can require a lot of iterative feedback, so we're looking for someone who thinks critically about their writing and is always looking for ways to improve. Along the way, you'll also pick up a ton of knowledge about startups and startup law. If you love learning and constantly challenging yourself, this position is for you.
We're looking for someone who genuinely loves helping others and is dedicated to a career in customer operations. We want to support you as you grow in your career, and this position has tremendous opportunity for growth and advancement within customer operations, but it is not a good fit as a stepping stone to other departments.
- Writing thoughtful and empathetic replies to customer emails using our help desk software, Help Scout
- Writing and maintaining help center articles, and identifying topics for new articles based on customer inquiries
- Coordinating with registered agent services to submit government filings
- Spotting trends in customer issues that other team members should be alerted to
- Identifying pain points for our customers and proactively reaching out to ensure they're successful in using Clerky
- Targeted outreach to customers for various product initiatives
- Working with our engineering team to debug software issues our customers encounter
- Assisting product development by testing new features and bug fixes, and conveying customer feedback
- Assisting in maintaining the library of templates that our customers use to complete paperwork
- Genuine love for helping people and high emotional intelligence
- Exceptional written English communication skills, including the ability to write precisely and succinctly
- Dedication to a career in customer operations
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Ability and desire to deeply focus on each customer interaction
- Comfort with working remotely and independently
- Technologically savvy - you should be confident in your ability to use new software without training
- Drive to do it better than it's ever been done before
- 2 years+ of experience in email-based customer support
- 1 year+ working remotely
How We Work
- Clerky is made up of remote and co-located team members, and we're set up with the transparency and asynchronous communication methods to ensure that remote team members never miss out on anything.
- Our team is small, so everyone's contributions matter. We all work efficiently, autonomously, and with great respect for each other.
- We work openly and collaboratively. We’re here to support you in being successful in this role. We aren't shy about asking questions or giving feedback, and we don't want you to be either. You'll work closely with our customer operations lead to ensure our customers are getting the best possible support and experience.
- Everyone on our team works hard, and we trust team members to know what will help them be most productive. Schedules are flexible as long as team coverage requirements are met.
- We want to help you grow, so we have a budget for books, courses, tools, or whatever other educational resources you need to be successful.
- We offer top-of-market compensation and benefits, reasonable hours, and the opportunity to learn a lot while helping our customers through an exciting time in the early stages of their new businesses.
This is a 100% remote position. You'll be able to work from home (or from anywhere else). You don't need to be in any specific geographic location, but you must be able to work normal business hours for the Pacific time zone. We offer top-of-market compensation and benefits, reasonable hours, and reasonable customers. No legal experience or background is necessary or preferred.