Posted 2 months ago
We are hiring a mid to senior level engineer to develop new features and applications as well as maintain existing applications.
What you will be doing:
- Building, maintaining, and improving internal business tools and client facing applications
- Maintaining your applications in beta and production environments
- Agile software development
- Writing awesome queries
- Design, Architect, Build and Deploy custom software
Here is what you will need to know/have:
- 4+ years of development experience
- Strong object-oriented programming experience with one or more of the following languages: Ruby, Python, Java
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving
- Self starter
- Drive to innovate and create great software
Here's some nice to haves:
- 1+ years Experience with Ruby using the Rails framework
- Awesome GitHub portfolio
- Strong understanding of Postgres and SQL in general
- Linux experience
- Understanding of API's and integrations
- Understanding of cookie tracking and postback tracking
Our company is in the online education space and teaches people about affiliate marketing, email marketing, advertising on Facebook/Instagram/Youtube. Any experience or knowledge of these areas would certainly be bonus points.
The main projects we have going right now that would need to be maintained and improved are our CRM that does payment processing via integrations with stripe/NMI/auth.net, handles data, does affiliate tracking and integrates with many other applications. The second is our customer portal which houses our educational classes and material. We're always looking to improve these applications so if you've worked on anything like this in the past that would also be a big bonus.
Ultimately we're looking for someone who's motivated, a great communicator and who wants a position with a company long term. Our current developers have been with us for over 15 years.