Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Consulting team is looking for a Senior DevOps Consultant to join us in Tokyo, Japan. In this role, you will deliver our DevOps services. You'll provide solutions architecture and implementation guidance to strategic customers in the region. As a Senior DevOps Consultant, you will work closely with regional and global teams, including presales and business development teams and broader consulting teams to achieve consulting delivery excellence using a combination of existing and future Red Hat and partner solutions and services.
- Guide DevOps consulting engagements with a particular focus on integrating Red Hat and partner cloud and DevOps solutions and services
- Assist with the implementation of solutions architecture designs by providing technical leadership
- Work closely with Red Hat Product Engineering, Business
- Development, Consulting, Support, and Sales teams to deliver exceptional customer experience
- Participate in internal initiatives, create consulting whitepapers, and update the knowledge base
- Serve as a senior trusted adviser to Red Hat’s customers and partners and play a key role in helping them develop their technology roadmap
- Initiate new projects, guide the implementation team, and monitor the progress of a project to ensure that it continues to conform to the overall architecture
- Collaborate with the broader regional and global Red Hat teams to deploy our DevOps capabilities
- 8+ years of experience working with enterprise customers on a range of development and deployment projects
- Demonstrated success in a senior technical post-sales or partner-facing role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven record of developing relationships at engineering, commercial, and executive levels
- Solid knowledge of web service and microservices architectures
- Experience architecting, designing, developing, and managing mission-critical applications
- Knowledge of enterprise portal technologies and concepts, data integration technologies and concepts like Red Hat Fuse, and data grids and caching technologies and concepts
- Experience with messaging concepts and architectures
- Knowledge of at least one continuous integration (CI) server technology
- Experience working with at least one version control software tool
- Solid foundation in agile and scrum development methodologies
- Passion for open source technologies
- Highly effective communication skills in Japanese; ability to negotiate with stakeholders for customer projects
- Experience using container-based technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift by is a big plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.