Posted over 1 year ago
We're looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer, with experience in Microsoft Azure or on-premise hosting scenarios, who is looking to grow their technical skills, can think on his/her feet, play well with others, and do great work in a fast paced, agency environment.
By bringing together like-minded people, who share common passions, who enjoy each other's company and respect each other's skills, BlueModus has created a culture where people work hard, have each other’s backs, and love what they do. Come join a team with a clear mandate to deliver high value to their clients. If you’re up for a challenge, then we’d love to hear from you.
What You Will Be Doing:
* Work alongside web development team to support transition and operation of its client web sites / applications in Microsoft Azure Cloud or client on-premise scenarios
* Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on Azure or client owned systems
* Selecting the appropriate Azure service based on compute, data, or security requirements
* Identifying appropriate use of Azure operational best practices
* Estimating Azure usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms
* Responsible for system updates, monitoring, troubleshooting, and providing end user support
* Provide production support and management for client cloud servers and environments
* Develop scripts and tooling to automate build, software release, application deployment, and system and application management
* Identify and roll out new infrastructure technologies and methodologies.
* Liaise with 3rd party software and hardware vendors to manage and resolve incidents and technical issues
* Documenting and keeping up-to-date standard operating procedures related to the duties of the position.
What You Need:
* Genuine passion for technology
* Ability to multitask and excellent time management skills
* A desire to learn and grow technical knowledge
* 5+ years’ experience in a Cloud Administration, System Admin, Network Engineer and/or similar role
* Experience working closely with internal team and clients to understand the process of designing and implementing enterprise class solutions based on the principles of redundancy, data integrity, security, and recoverability
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Technologies including
* Experience with Microsoft Azure
* Experience with DNS
* Understanding of SQL / MySQL / NoSQL
What We’d Like To Find:
* Experience working in an agency environment
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer or electronics engineering, information technology or related