Posted 3 months ago
Exceleron Software (www.exceleron.com) is North America’s leading provider of prepaid utility solutions. We are looking to hire a full-time Senior DevOps Engineer to assist our growing team with maintenance, systems engineering, and security compliance for our Software as a Service platform MyUsage.com and our credit card gateway MyUsagePayments.com.
Responsibilities include maintenance, system engineering and security compliance (including PCI-DSS & SOC 2) for Exeleron’s SaaS platform. Flexibility, a strong teamwork approach, and the desire to work in a fast-paced environment are necessary for success.
The company offers a competitive salary, fun work environment and a benefits package. Candidates must pass worker eligibility and background checks and be a permanent resident of the US.
- Systems and application diagnostics, including review of logs
- Supporting and maintaining Dev/Test/Staging/Prod environments to meet business delivery specifications and needs
- Implementing new managed configuration, including a migration to CentOS 7 and implementation of log management technologies like ELK and/or Graylog.
- Maintain, implement and ensure compliance with new data security standards
- Taking part in the on-call rotation as part of the DevOps Team
- Studying new technologies and sharing this knowledge with the Product Team to make architectural decisions on actual and new features
- 5+ years of experience in SRE/DevOps
- RHEL/CentOS environment and/or system experience
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages (Perl is a plus)
- Proficiency with SQL databases (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Intermediate hardware and networking knowledge
- Outstanding individual initiative; extremely driven and able to successfully set priorities, drive decisions and get closure on recommendations and issues
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Cisco IOS / switch management
- Log management (e.g. Graylog, ELK)
- Configuration management tools like SaltStack / Ansible / Chef / Terraform
- Cloud based software experience
- Managing/Mentoring Junior DevOps team members
Special consideration will be given to candidates with experience in:
- Docker / kubernetes
- AWS or other cloud environments
- Riemann, and/or other metric monitoring systems