Posted over 1 year ago
A unique opportunity to work on a variety of challenging projects with the worlds leading authority on cloud software: Google.
Citrusbyte is working with Google to build a nation-wide DevOps team and has the ability to give a few individuals the opportunity to work remotely for Google. You will work on various DevOps projects internal to Google as well as deploy complex systems to GCP for Fortune 500 clients. GCP expertise is not required but cloud experience is.
You will work in concert with other Citrusbyte DevOps team members and directly with Google and their clients. You will help design, architect, and execute on plans to leverage GCP to add scale, resiliency, availability, and deployment confidence to large scale software platforms. These are true high-volume mission-critical systems serving millions of users.
As DevOps Engineer you have experience using Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management tools, deploying applications to cloud services such as AWS, Azure, and/or GCP. You are open-minded and always learning.
You are smart, driven and talented. You want to collaborate in a consultative environment and guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success in addition to contributing to the growth of a great company. Tell us more about you!
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Consult directly with clients, engineers, and stakeholders to create a plan to succeed
* Design, creation, and provisioning of infrastructure.
* Create deployment pipelines and maintain production environments.
* Collaborate with other engineers to implement operational solutions while defining, adhering to industry best practices.
* Work on remote, distributed, cross-functional agile teams to train and educate clients and stakeholders on industry best practices.
* Travel to and work on client site as necessary (1 week a month in SF area or NYC, all travel paid for)
* Strong experience with Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management tools.
* Expert in at least one hosted cloud platform such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
* Demonstrated knowledge with modern DevOps tools such as Terraform, Kubernetes, Consul, Docker, etc
* Demonstrated knowledge of the ELK stack or similar
* Consulting experience (independent or at a consulting organization) is a plus
* Experience with Prometheus/Grafana for metrics aggregation/visualization.
* Experience configuring CI/CD pipelines in complex environments
* Experience with automation tools/platforms, alerting & monitoring tools
* Experience working in a distributed company is a plus.
* Experience writing backend applications is not required but definitely a plus.
* Experience working within an Agile/Scrum SDLC.
Citrusbyte is a team of experts. We are craftspeople who build amazing products for some of the largest global household names. We believe in cultivating a high degree of leadership and technical excellence in all of our team members. Together we build applications that solve our customers' business-critical problems.
While we have offices in LA and New York, we work remotely with team members around the world
* REMOTE - Work from your location, travel to work with clients face-to-face as needed (25%)
* ENVIRONMENT - We support our team and clients to build the best work environments for experienced software professionals
* VARIETY - Work on a variety of projects and see a variety of challenges that combine modern day cloud technology, high volume systems, and demanding user needs.
Citrusbyte expects team members to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, skills development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of our relationship, will be made without regard to race, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment engagement status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual preference, lifestyle, social class, military status, disability, physical features, or any other protected status. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination.
Citrusbyte is an equal opportunity employer.
No statements by Citrusbyte are intended to create an offer of employment unless made in a writing signed by an officer of the company and no offer shall become effective unless countersigned by the prospective employee.