Cofense provides end-to-end cyber-defense solutions that help protect organizations and their people from the vast and growing threat posed by phishing-related attacks. We're expanding rapidly and looking for talented engineers, like you, that care about building great products that solve big problems.
Our engineers work on products that make a difference in the world! From petty financial crimes up through major extortion & election hijacking events, many social engineering attacks start with phishing emails. We also build state of the art tools for IT and security operations centers, helping them identify & kill phishing attacks for large enterprises and organizations.
Cofense finds it important to support our employees during these uncertain times. That’s why our company provides virtual events such as wellness sessions, team and company-wide happy hours, and new-hire welcome lunches. We even recently hosted a virtual talent show. No matter where employees are working from, our organization’s culture fuels collaboration and fun.
Company Culture: Check us out on The Muse- https://www.themuse.com/profiles/cofense
Company & Products: https://cofense.com/# https://cofense.com/#
Location : Remote/ Virtual . US Based only
The Senior DevOps/ Production Engineer is responsible for architecting, automating, provisioning, monitoring, and maintaining applications and infrastructure.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product teams to identify and implement solutions that meet production, QA, development, and administrative needs in Linux-based environments
- Identify changes for the product architecture from the reliability, performance, and availability perspective with a data driven approach
- Architect and maintain multi-site, high-availability solutions
- Own and suggest improvements to our deployment process and tools
- Identify technical debt and provide plans to remediate
- Diagnose and resolve production system issues
- Participate in rotating on-call schedule
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- A self-starter who is willing to take a task from gathering requirements to deployment and maintenance
- Able to work effectively and be pragmatic as part of a remote team in a dynamic business environment
- Know a domain well and be able to share that knowledge
- Have experience with Ubuntu and Red Hat/CentOS in production environments
- Have experience supporting full stack Java applications (Maven/Artifactory)
- Have experience using and supporting CI environments (Jenkins/Docker)
- Have experience with infrastructure as code, preferably Terraform or Cloudformation
- Have experience with docker orchestration - eg. ECS/Fargate, Kubernetes, Rancher etc.
- Comfortable working independently and able to escalate problems when necessary
- Able to take charge of a nebulous requirement and drive it through design to completion
- Can identify problem or opportunity areas, develop and implement fixes and changes as necessary
- Able to communicate effectively with developers, engineers and upper management
- Eager to learn; able to understand and apply new things relatively quickly
- Willing to mentor and guide fellow team members effectively and constructively in a wide variety of disciplines, both technical and business-like in nature
- Happy to travel occasionally for team meetings and events
- Can manage and support cloud (AWS) production environments
- Are proficient with configuration management tools (Ansible preferred)
- Have acted in a technical leadership capacity (lead engineer) to provide services/functions in a production setting
- Have championed new technologies/processes, and architected their design, implementation and delivery to production
- Familiar with managing and maintaining Route53 configurations
- Can implement and manage high-availability infrastructure solutions with automatic failover
- Managed PostgreSQL, AWS Aurora and/or MySQL in production environments
- Able to coordinate large feature development
- Polyglot programming expertise
- Stay on top of current DevOps and infrastructure news
- Have used Docker in a production environment as part of the "product", not just in the CI workflow.
- Preferably have used Docker in a remote environment (think appliance)
Education: Bachelor’s degree is preferred
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline.
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.