Posted 4 months ago
Everyone who wants to change the world should have the tools and technology to do so. Technology is the most powerful equalizer of our time, providing access to data, knowledge, and--above all-- connections. Salesforce.org gets our technology in the hands of nonprofits and educators so they can connect with others and do more good. As a social enterprise, the more missions our technology supports, the more we invest back into technology and communities, creating an endless circle of good. We’re here to help; visit us at Salesforce.org.
Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud is a brand new B2B2C social impact platform to engage an army of citizen philanthropists. We are seeking for a passionate, hands-on senior Backend Engineer to help build from the ground up Payments Service to facilitate and manage the flow of donations in the next-generation marketplace and B2B2C platform for Philanthropy for nonprofits, foundations, corporations and their employees, customers, citizen philanthropists, and other stakeholders.
Successful candidates will possess extensive software development and delivery experience, have landed large and complex software programs with a proven ability to innovate, lead by example, and code prolifically.
- Design for Scale - Design, implement, and ship features that can scale to hundreds of millions of users.
- Design for Performance - Lead feature and architecture design with a major focus on performance, scalability.
- Quality First - Have a passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well. Deliver test plans, test automation, test framework for area of ownership.
- Think Agile - Adopt, embrace, and promote agile and test-driven practices.
- Drive Velocity - Value team excellence over individual productivity. Collaborate with other senior engineers, Architects, PMs, and UX to build next generation products.
- 8+ years of software development experience with prolific coding abilities.
- 2+ years of experience in leading design and development of backend components, frameworks, and API’s for large scale projects from conception to production.
- Extensive experience in building software on and maintaining AWS cloud infrastructure, Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudSearch, ElasticSearch, S3.
- Expertise in JVM based languages (Java, Kotlin, Scala).
- Experience in designing and developing GraphQL, REST and gRPC API based services.
- Experience in SQL, NoSQL and multi-model datastore such as Postgres and DynamoDB.
- In-depth understanding of OOP, microservices design patterns, domain driven design, data structures, algorithms, and concurrency.
- Experience building secure, distributed, scalable, high-performance, resilient systems.
- Proven track record in building products on big data systems such as Kafka and Kinesis.
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies and Test-Driven Development.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Nice to have:
- Payments domain expertise.