Senior Experience Designer
Remote, United States
Mobiquity is a digital engagement provider for more than 200 of the world’s leading brands. We are a collective of consultants, designers, developers, cloud advisors, and data scientists – spread across 3 continents and 9 offices – who create compelling digital experiences to help clients show they care to the people who matter most – their consumers, patients, and employees.
Mobiquity is looking for Experience Designers who are passionate about customer experience design, information architecture, interaction design, user research, and mobile.
As an Experience Designer in this role, you will bring together business objectives, user insights, and an understanding of sophisticated technology to create customer experiences that drive commerce for a prominent financial company based in the Philadelphia suburbs.
Your decisions are informed and validated by both quantitative and qualitative research methods including surveys, card sorting, comparative analysis, usability studies, field research, and technology surveys. You work directly with the clients to understand what drives their business, reach a shared vision of how to solve their problems while serving their customers, and ultimately to help them to succeed. Throughout this effort you will create clear, usable documentation that captures and articulates research findings, proposed solutions and the consumer goals they serve.
- Conduct stakeholder and user interviews
- Collect and document business and design requirements
- Plan, conduct, and/or participate in user research such as analyze usability lab observations, perform task analyses, conduct card sorting, design and analyze quantitative surveys, interpret web analytics, and perform and analyze field research
- Conduct competitive and/or heuristic analyses
- Translate business needs and capabilities into an effective information architecture that resonates with customers, aligns with their expectations, and helps them to achieve their goals.
- Craft solutions that will meet user and business goals while also fitting into the constraints of brand, time, budget and technology.
- Define the categorization, organization and navigational conventions used throughout the experience.
- Map the user experience, define the details of the interface, and correlate a system’s features to user tasks, needs & functional requirements.
- Collaborate with developers to ensure proposed designs are technically feasible and then properly executed.
- Collaborate with art directors and designers to optimize the visual experience and ensure that user and business considerations are met.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices in order to facilitate discussions and guide the decision making process to meet project objectives.
- Wireframes documents (both low- and high-fidelity), which will include detailed functional annotations, as well as illustrations and descriptions of page states and system responses.
- App maps, user workflows, scenarios, and task analysis
- Heuristic reviews, competitive analyses, and content audits
- Taxonomy & product metadata recommendations
- User research insight reports and briefs
- Client presentation materials
- Experience Designer: 7+ years of experience as an Experience Designer or related field
- Proven ability to design methodologies for gathering user data, interpreting the results, and translating them into solutions.
- Extensive experience collaborating with design and development teams on large-scale dynamic ecommerce websites, transactional applications, retail systems design, mobile experiences, or content delivery systems.
- The ability to effectively communicate your research findings and designs to both internal teams and the clients, including executive stakeholders.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Information Design, Digital Media, Communication Design, Interaction Design, Psychology or a related field.
- Detailed familiarity with current wireframing, design, and prototyping tools like Sketch, Omnigraffle, Marvel, InVision, Adobe XD, and/or Proto.io.
- Proficient user of iWork (especially Keynote) and Microsoft Office.
- A portfolio of work is strongly preferred, demonstrating the depth and breadth of your experience.
- Interactive agency experience is preferred.
- You posses a strong desire to make the complex clear.
- You have a deep understanding of usability and interaction design best practices for mobile, ecommerce and beyond.
- You use this knowledge in order to take design risks that balance usability and innovation.
- You have the ability to learn from mistakes and a willingness to revisit past solutions for further improvements.
- You have a collaborative working style; focused on getting the best solution rather than your solution.
- You have expert conflict resolution skills, particularly in negotiating win-win solutions with stakeholders.
- You are flexible, steady under pressure, and willing to switch gears quickly.
- You are organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage complex projects in a timely manner.
- You are detailed oriented and can find clarity despite ambiguity.
- You have superior written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable presenting.
- You are comfortable developing a direction and then motivating the organization to the point the vision is realized with little intervention from others
- You can plan, organize, and lead presentations, workshops/working sessions, and discovery sessions with C-level stakeholders
Recruiting Agencies: While we really do appreciate what you do, and how challenging it can be, don’t do it. Please do not send us unsolicited resumes, either to our employees, job listings, or recruiting team. (We call those “free leads”). Mobiquity is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Mobiquity is an equal opportunity employer. We feel strongly that the best ideas come from all sorts of directions and sources, and cutting ourselves off from anyone due to our own biases is simply bad business, as well as bad citizenship.