Posted 9 months ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Work as a consultative and strategic financial partner to stakeholders and leaders of our corporate functional teams like People (HR), Finance, and Information Technology (IT). The Red Hat Corporate Finance team is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, your primary responsibilities will include monthly financial and operational insight, reporting (including both short term and long term forecasting), review of strategic business investments, and analysis of global performance. You’ll need to have a proven ability to understand complex financial problems while providing explanations and solutions which are sound and clearly communicated. Your work will require a global focus as the core set of your responsibilities will be global by nature.
- Demonstrate insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts to provide practical counsel to business partners and management in order to achieve desired business results
- Understand and facilitate the integration of business processes, people, and relevant technology in order to identify, configure, and communicate useful information and to provide practical business leadership to support business decision making across various business functions
- Develop and refine key business metrics and perform robust analysis to identify strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities while evaluating possible alternatives and recommending appropriate actions
- Analyze financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry, and economic conditions for use in making investment decisions
- Support fiscal year planning for various business functions and assist in the development of financial-based justification for expenditures, additional investments, and expansion of new or existing business activities
- Analyze global performance (financial and other operational KPIs) in order to ensure optimal business decisions
- Provide financial models and dashboards with analysis on investment, expenses, capital expenditure, balance sheet, and headcount trends, including variances of actual versus budget and year over year
- Work with various business corporate functions in reviewing annual financial targets or goals, analysis, and measurement to meet expense management and ROI hurdles
- Develop an understanding of Red Hat’s global business model in order to identify financial trends and provide value-added analysis and benchmarks across the industry for various business functions
- Maintain knowledge and stay up-to-date on developments in technology, business, finance, and economic theory
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or a business-related major; MBA or CFA degree is a plus
- 7+ years of experience in a financial analysis role in investment banking or a public company environment
- Experience with software and technology companies
- Experience with Oracle, Hyperion, Tableau, and data analytics software
- Solid initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid analytical and data organization and interpretation skills
- Financial modeling experience and understanding of financial statements
- Results-oriented with excellent critical problem-solving skills
- Comfortable presenting reports, insights, and plans for action to senior leadership
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.