Posted about 1 year ago
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today's entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate, high performing team players who can take new challenges and go the extra mile
The Finance team oversees the company's financial well-being while supporting operational and business planning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We work hard to ensure growth is accurately projected and managed and that our financial results are properly accounted for. We provide financial analysis to determine key operational decisions within a rapidly growing organization. We only hire the best to these teams, and your work will have a huge impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.
This position requires a finance professional capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing and fluid organization. You must be highly analytical, organized and skilled at communication and problem solving. The successful candidate will adapt quickly to change and will champion the advancement of FP&A processes tools and financial modeling that will enhance the FP&A and overall finance function. This position reports to the Director, FP&A.What You'll Be Doing:
What We'll Expect From You:
- Preparing and coordinating the annual budget and quarterly forecasts working with all functional areas across the business
- Assisting in the development, tracking and reporting of operational and financial metrics
- Working closely with leaders to drive operational efficiency across the organization
- Preparing and tracking revenue forecasts
- Forecasting operating and capital expense investments
- Develop business cases and analyses to support company initiatives and financial decisions
- Own and drive improvements to the FP&A reporting and planning tools
Why You'll Like Working for DigitalOcean
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, and problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly grasp and apply analytical concepts
- Experience in investment banking, venture-backed high-growth company or a fast-paced Fortune 500 environment.
- Experience in financial forecasting, planning and analysis and operational budget management, preferably in a business partner facing role.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently work within fixed timeframes and meet deadlines
- Proactive communicator with excellent verbal and written skills
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision; detail-oriented, highly-organized and resourceful
- Exceptional work ethic, team mentality, positive attitude, highly-driven, self-motivated, and excellent business partnering skills
- Passion for technology and genuine desire to make meaningful contributions on a team with big aspirations
- Bachelor's degree required
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our "no jerks" rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You'll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you'll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We're also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!