Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Global Business Finance team is looking for a bright and energetic personality to join us as a Senior Financial Analyst in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will perform business planning and analysis in support of the Global Mid-Market team. You will perform planning, reporting, analysis, forecasting, and internal investing—all in support of the global decision making around the mid-market customer segment. You will frequently interact with key leadership groups in the sales, finance, marketing, operations, product and IT teams from across the globe. Through working with experienced senior leadership on poignant and far-reaching projects, you will get an opportunity to sharpen your quantitative analysis skills, improve presentation skills, demonstrate leadership, and develop a well-rounded business savvy. As a Senior Financial Analyst, you should be smart, ambitious, and eager to join a high-intensity, high-performing, and highly visible team.
- Provide analytical support and consultation for global sales leadership teams
- Serve as a strategic business partner for key stakeholders of the Global Mid-Market team
- Work closely with the Shared Services Analysis team in India to manage net new analysis requirements and facilitate the development of reporting and insights
- Use your data analysis and modeling skills to drive and develop investment plans, identify new opportunities, and create and manage key performance metrics
- Engage in data cleansing activities to ensure that sales data are consistent and accurate for management reporting
- Advocate for and streamline current reporting processes around partner tracking
- Design and manage sales reports, analyses, forecasts, and dashboards
- Compile, analyze, and interpret sales bookings data and third-party industry and competitive data
- Work closely with operations and analysis teams regionally and globally to manage and enable data-oriented decision making
- Facilitate engagement and communication among internal stakeholders for mid-market initiatives
- Work with global, regional, and shared services operations teams to identify areas where we need tools and financial processes reevaluated
- Refine and process monthly and quarterly analyses for stakeholders, including quarterly business reviews, key performance indicators (KPIs), etc.
- Develop relationships with internal regional counterparts and with shared services team overseas
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a quantitative field
- Solid relationship management skills
- 3+ years of related professional experience
- Solid spreadsheet skills with proven experience managing large data sets and performing analysis
- Coachable, energetic, detail-oriented, and results-oriented
- Critical thinking skills and a willingness to go above and beyond to provide business insights
- Entrepreneurial attitude and a problem-solving mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Demonstrated solid customer service, interpersonal, and time management skills in a dynamic environment
- Experience using at least one data mining tool like SAP BusinessObjects (BOBJ) or SAS Visual Analytics
- Willingness to work extended hours during periods of high demand, i.e. quarter or year-end; this may include weekends
The following are considered a plus:
- Experience with analytical tools like QlikView, Google Analytics, etc.
- Previous experience programming, scripting, or writing database SQL code
- Basic understanding of Salesforce.com (SFDC) and reporting in SFDC
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.