Posted 10 months ago
Finance and Operations
As a highly visible member of the finance organization, the Senior Financial Analyst ("SFA") or Manager will contribute to the development and execution of Salesforce's investor relations program, including strategic communications with Wall Street analysts and institutional investors. This SFA / Manager will balance a unique blend of finance and marketing skill sets, collecting and analyzing data to emphasize the strength of our model and the drivers of long-term growth and operating margin. In this capacity, the SFA / Manager will play a vital role in company data analysis, competitive benchmarking, executive reporting, and financial message development. Critical to the success of the role is the ability to partner across every level of the company, promoting the highest levels of integrity to all of our stakeholders, while continually building and maintaining trust with management and the investment community.
- Partner with the entire IR team to execute a best-in-class investor relations program and support the development and adoption of appropriate processes, protocols, and systems to deliver this program.
- Own benchmarking and competitive analysis of our industry peer group, including monitoring peer earnings and presentations, conducting TAM and market share analysis, and other ad-hoc deep-dives on company performance and industry trends.
- Support the earnings process by building and evolving the quarterly earnings presentation, proactively anticipating and drafting relevant Q&A, and owning post-earnings Board of Directors reporting.
- Maintain an updated summary of covering financial analyst models and create periodic feedback about the company, its stock price, perceptions and opinions from analysts and investors.
- Collaborate with the IR team and company executives to create presentations for highly-visible investor events, customer meetings, wide-reaching internal presentations, and other ad-hoc requests.
- Support Salesforce's evolving ESG narrative and become an expert on the environmental, social, and governance metrics that Salesforce shares externally by appropriately responding to all investor ESG surveys.
- Leverage Salesforce's entire product suite to find creative ways to uplevel the investor relations program. Examples may include building new and insightful analytics dashboards, adopting Einstein artificial intelligence, or conceptualizing new data APIs.
- Build strong internal networks, engaging others throughout the company to cultivate deep subject matter expertise across multiple product areas and remain current on all company and competitor business activities to effectively articulate the company's growth strategy and competitive advantages.
- 3-5 years of experience in investment management or research, investment banking, capital markets, or other industry-related work experience, ideally in Enterprise Software.
- Four year university degree, preferably in accounting, finance, accounting or economics; an MBA, CPA or CFA is desirable.
- Intellectual curiosity and strong analytical, problem-solving skills, along with experience building financial or decision-support models.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to multi-task effectively, working in team environments or independently.
- Ability to both accept and to deliver critical feedback.
- Ability to manage priorities under pressure, maintain high attention to detail, and bring exceptional intellectual horsepower.
- Demonstrate creativity and the ability to collaborate across a wide-range of teams to create interesting and relevant content and messaging.
- Willingness to travel several days throughout the year.
- Sense of humor. Seriously, it's really important.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.