Meet Instinct 👋
Instinct Science is a growing Philadelphia-based animal health company working on a unique technology solution for state-of-the-art veterinary hospitals.
We’re seeking an experienced developer who is looking for a new career opportunity to be the next member of our growing 30-person team. The ideal candidate is creative, efficient, detail-oriented, and motivated to work on challenging yet meaningful work that has the potential to shape an entire profession.
The Instinct team is fully distributed, thus geographic location isn’t important as long as you can overlap with our regular business hours (Mon-Fri 8-5 ET).
Position Summary 🐱💻
The ideal Senior Front End Engineer is a DIY kind of worker, someone who can lead a practical approach to development. We are looking for a creative thinker to guide our platform into a healthy direction over time, while helping us achieve ambitious product goals in the near term.
You will write code that powers the diagnostic and treatment workflows for veterinary hospitals. Your contributions and leadership will greatly shape the usability and friendliness of the product.
Tech at Instinct 👨💻
* Typescript, HTML, CSS, React, Apollo, Electron
* Cypress, Jest, React Testing Library
* Elixir, Phoenix, Absinthe, Docker
* PostgreSQL, Redis
* AWS, CircleCI
* Papertrail, Sentry, Prometheus, Grafana
* Github, Jira, Slack
* At least 3 years of experience building front-end applications
* A high bar for code quality and user experience
* A desire to mentor and support a team of fellow developers
* Ability to think independently through challenges and develop features that solve them efficiently
* Intuition to challenge and improve our user interface
* Excitement for building critical interfaces for veterinary hospitals
* Previous work on health care, medical records, veterinary, or enterprise software
* Previous remote position, preferably as part of a small team
A Sneak Peek of Your Role at Instinct 🔭
The Instinct team consists of a unique mix of veterinary and technology experts who offer years of experience developing and commercializing point-of-care software for the veterinary industry.
Instinct fosters a diverse, inclusive, transparent, and fun work environment. As a fully distributed team, we value teammates with strong communication and organizational skills. We’re building a company that reflects our care for every individual, treating each team member well by going out of our way to help one another in the short-term and pushing for growth in the long-term.
You will work side-by-side with our close-knit engineering team working hard for a better product each day. Day-to-day work will consist of building new features, troubleshooting bugs, planning future dev work, reviewing teammate’s PRs, and taking ownership for our growing FE architecture.
While building out our young platform, your contributions and leadership will greatly shape the usability and friendliness of the product, while ultimately shaping products that power the diagnostic and treatment workflows for some of the most advanced veterinary hospitals on the planet.
Salary and Benefits Highlights 🌞
- We offer a supportive, caring, and rewarding work environment
- We pay our team well (based on experience)
- We give our team owner-like flexibility over work and time off
- We offer health, vision, dental insurance and 401K
- We offer a generous home office and professional development stipend
- We provide all-expense-paid travel to hospitals and our annual retreat
Instinct Science is a greater Philadelphia-based animal health company that helps the world’s state-of-the-art veterinary practices streamline their care through medically-driven invoicing and thoughtful automation. Find out more at www.instinct.vet.
Our project is supported by the Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern PA, an initiative of the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development funded by the Ben Franklin Technology Development Authority.
Instinct is an equal opportunity employer committed to equality and providing a pleasant work environment free from harassment or discrimination in any form. All employees will be treated equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, ancestry, veteran, or disability status.