Posted over 1 year ago
NAVIS is looking for a creative, motivated, senior-level Front-end Software Developer to join us as a critical member of our Engineering Team. This position can be based in Bend, Oregon, or remotely in Portland, Oregon.
This front-end developer will design, develop, optimize, and test on premise, AWS hosted applications and micro-services in an Agile setting. As part of the Engineering Team, you will collaborate closely with Software Development teams and Product Team members to design exceptional software / product solutions to meet customer needs.
Click here for a peek inside our Engineering Team
The primary focus of this position is coding creative, operational, front-end software that enhances our products. The Engineering Team has multiple projects that often start at the concept stage and develops new products and/or product features from scratch. Our products are constantly evolving with our client needs – we are not simply maintaining existing products.
This is a full SDLC development position. The Front-end Software Developer must be willing to take on all aspects of the development process, and be ready to support applications in production environments. He/she will be asked to test code sets, document software, and implement products and related solutions. We are currently on a release cycle and are striving towards a continuous development environment.
The Front-end Software Developer will be tasked with analyzing, identifying, and solving highly-complex issues related to software development and related technologies. As needed, this person may be involved in the mentoring of more junior-level developers on the technical aspects of our products, technology, and related software tools. This developer needs to have a willingness to do whatever it takes to make the products and the company successful.
A high degree of creativity and motivation is required of the successful candidate, who is expected to operate with limited direct supervision.
* We require strong development skills in React.js with Redux front-end software development
* BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
* At least five (5) years of front-end software analysis, design, and development experience on highly-scalable web properties supporting multiple browsers
* Scrum experience, knowledge, and acceptance
* You must have a strong belief in writing tests for your own code – we currently write unit tests, and are creating a framework to include feature testing and integration testing
* Strong experience with Design Patterns
* Solid understanding of the SDLC
* Experience with iterative development with quick release cycles (Agile Methodologies)
* Experience with any modern testing practices (experience with TDD, BDD, and/or UI / API / Component test automation is beneficial)
* Experience working with peers and Software Architects on highly complex technical issues
* If working remotely, you should be able to travel occasionally to our Bend office (about 2-3 days per month is anticipated and this is expensed to NAVIS)
In addition to the above requirements, the following technical experience is considered advantageous, but is not required:
* Java back-end development experience
* CI / CD experience with Chef
* Open ID experience
* Git experience
* Experience with internationalization
Bend, Oregon (office), or Portland, Oregon (remote)
Check out this video to learn more about the Tech scene in Bend, Oregon
* An inclusive, fun, values-driven company culture – we’ve won awards for it
* A growing tech company in Bend, Oregon
* Work / Life balance - what a concept!
* Excellent benefits package with a Medical Expense Reimbursement Program that helps keep our medical deductibles LOW for our Team Members
* 401(k) with generous matching component
* Generous time off plus a VTO day to use working at your favorite charity
* Competitive pay + annual bonus program
* FREE TURKEYS (or pies) for every Team Member for Thanksgiving (hey, it's a tradition around here)
* Your work makes a difference here, and we make a huge impact to our clients’ profits
* Transparency – regular All-Team meetings, so you can stay in-the-know with what’s going on in all areas our business
* We support local businesses and they support us - get perks just by flashing your NAVIS badge
* Forget your standard potluck - we take our company events to the next level! Annual "Pow Day" at Mt. Bachelor, fiscal year celebrations, summer shindigs, and holiday parties, and more
* Cold-brew coffee on tap
* We go ALL-OUT for Halloween (it's a thing for us)