Posted 10 months ago
We're looking for a mid-level or senior-level engineer to help us expand our platform. You'll be working on mature, well-maintained backend and frontend systems built using Go microservices and React client applications, and you'll have an important mission: Build a more balanced content ecosystem on the web, with better privacy controls and more equitable and long lasting relationships between content creators and their audiences.
Come join us!
What you'll do:
- Be an important member of a small and productive team
- Build and take responsibility for frontend applications that serve and support thousands of publishers
- Commit, review, and test high quality code
- Implement new UI features, UI testing, and internal tooling
- Be up to date on changes to the browser ecosystem and JS language
- Provide input and collaborate on product roadmap and future functionality
- Help publishers survive in the wake of adblocking and privacy-aware consumers
Who you are
- You see limitations and novel problems as an exciting challenge
- You have great communication skills and work well in a team
- You care about code quality and what it means to commit quality code
- You have experience building software from start to finish
Skills & requirements
- Must have experience writing frontend web applications in Redux+React
- Must have experience writing and maintaining frontend tests
- Must have strong written communication skills
- Bonus for familiarity with backend services written in Go or databases like MongoDB, Bigtable, and Redis
- Bonus for UI/UX design experience
Admiral was founded in 2015 to defend the ad-supported business model publishers and creators rely on to produce and share content online. Since then, we've grown to be the largest and most advanced Visitor Relationship Managements Platform in the market. Today we help digital publishers build better relationships with their audiences through targeted engagements and subscriptions options that ensure that content creators and publishers can build more sustainable businesses in an increasingly privacy-conscious and user-choice-centric digital landscape.
Admiral is a small but diverse team of professional developers, designers, sales executives, and marketers based in Gainesville, FL, with offices in Tampa, FL, and New York, NY. Remote work is in our DNA, and are open to people living anywhere, but have a preference for existing locations.
We work openly, collaboratively, and with transparency. Everything we do is driven by our mission and the needs of our customers and employees. We empower the team with the resources and autonomy to take on the biggest of challenges and succeed. Although our vision to build and grow the company is unerring, we still move fast and cherish the flexibility to turn on a dime. We have flexible work days and vacations, a fun and challenging atmosphere, and strong engineering culture.
We love the work we do, and we’re always looking to add equally passionate individuals with the ability to implement creative and unconventional solutions to hard problems.