Posted over 1 year ago
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world's best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Senior Full Stack Engineer
to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
We're looking for technical experts who can turn product ideas into reality and operate diverse products for millions of customers, from the small to the behemoth. We're excited by challenges of scale—both the number and size of customers—and a diverse set of products. If you're looking for variety, we have it. Every team ships code daily. We're motivated to not only deliver the best products, but also to personally achieve.
What you'll do:
What you'll bring:
- Write secure, maintainable code that powers the world's leading product design platform
- Spearhead initiatives, find solutions to problems that have not already been solved and create buy-in from other team members for these initiatives
- Be a great technical writer and communicator capable of connecting with members of the organization, who may range from highly technical to having very little technical capabilities
- Mentor and learn from the developers, product managers, and designers on your team
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Help the support team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues
- Monitor and respond to production issues according to SLA
- Collaborate with product owner(s) to prioritize value delivery
- Collaborate with tech lead(s) to sequence and deliver complex projects
- Build small, robust backend API services in Go and Node.js that must be performant under load, scalable, and deliver large sets of data
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment.
- 5+ years of full-stack experience designing and building high volume, scalable SaaS applications from end-to-end
- Strong proficiency in Node.js, Go, or both; or professional experience in one of the following backend languages: Java, Ruby, Python
- Very strong proficiency in how the web works and how to make it efficient (HTTP, caching, page rendering, mobile optimization, etc)
- Significant experience with React and the React ecosystem as well as unidirectional data flow patterns, complex compound state, two-way data binding — Redux, Context API, React Hooks, etc. experience is a plus
- Experience with front-end tooling workflows — Yarn/npm, webpack, Babel, Create React App, Gatsby, Next.js, Razzle, Neutrino.js, etc.
- Understands different types of databases and their applications; and understands the cost/benefit of, for example, NoSQL vs MySQL); understanding of polyglot/distributed DB solutions is a plus
- Exposure to machine learning and ML frameworks
- Understands and has used continuous integration and delivery technologies
- Curiosity to iterate and improve on solutions; you view unknowns as challenges and enjoy them
- Cares about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.