Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer on our E-Commerce team to help us build thrilling user experiences with the latest web technologies: Node.js, AWS, React, Flux architecture, CSS-in-JS, ES2015+, Cypress.io, Jest and Flow. Webflow empowers hundreds of thousands of people and we need your expertise to make us even better.
About the role
Location: San Francisco HQ or remote (anywhere in Western Hemisphere)
As a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer, you’ll …
- Lead new feature work and refactoring efforts across our stack
- Design and implement scalable services in Node.js and AWS Lambda
- Write performant UI components (React) that delight users and amplify their abilities as creative problem solvers (check out CSS Grid, E-commerce, Interactions, and more!)
- Work on a highly technical platform that empowers hundreds of thousands of people, and serves millions of page views an hour
- Cross-collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers and QA analysts in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Create new APIs and rewrite old ones using REST, GraphQL, and Apollo
- Build and maintain unit and integration tests (Jest and Cypress)
- Mentor other engineers on best practice, design considerations, and quality
- Support others on your team in a technical capacity
- Receive support designed to help you grow as an impactful engineer and a healthy human being
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as (a) Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer if you:
- Have significant experience (4+ years) in engineering scalable, multi-tenant environments that deliver rich front-end experiences
- Exercise a deep understanding of design patterns, and when to apply them
- Deep understanding of data design and modeling
- Are comfy in a linux terminal
- Have previous experience in Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible (these are a plus).
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We give you a 5 week sabbatical after 5 years of service
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!