Posted 7 months ago
Senior Health And Wellness Editor
YourTango is looking for a sharp, organized, self-motivated editor to oversee our daily health and wellness coverage. The ideal candidate has deep knowledge of and contacts in the health and wellness industry, and can effectively ideate and implement content strategy for online audiences using superior SEO skills.
The ideal candidate will be:
Experienced. We’re looking for someone with 5-10 years of health reporting and additional 3-5 years online editing experience. A bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field is preferred, or comparable experience.
A leader. You should have proven ability to motivate and manage a team of writers, interns and junior editors.
Knowledgeable and curious. You should be excited about smart, accurate health reporting, and know what makes a strong health story, be passionate about storytelling in all its forms, and a voracious reader and consumer of content across diverse platforms and outlets.
Driven. We are looking for a self-motivated, competitive editor who thrives in the digital field and enjoys working remotely.
Data-focused. Experience using Google Analytics and various analytical tools to identify opportunities, patterns and successes.
Proven. You understand what kind of story will attract readers across various distribution outlets online and how to keep their attention and trust — with the clips and data to prove it.
Connected. You have a list of writers and experts in the health & wellness field, you know what constitutes a reliable source, and how to interpret and distill a study
Organized. You’re able to juggle many moving parts without being micromanaged. You love a spreadsheet as much as you love reading medical journals.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Conceive, assign, and edit all daily health & wellness content on YourTango.com from freelancers, experts and interns.
- Closely monitor health industry news and trends, and have a critical eye for interpreting scientific studies
- Write engaging headlines and page titles.
- Work with the audience engagement team to create strategies for expanding the reach of our health coverage
- Work closely with internal SEO team to identify and address content gaps in health and wellness coverage
This is primarily a work from home position with competitive benefits.