Posted over 1 year ago
At Doist, our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a more fulfilling way to work and live.
We're a multidisciplinary, fully remote team that’s passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and we seek to rethink how productivity tools are made.
When you become a Doister, you’re not only joining a global, remote-first company, but a team of 60+ people who value:
- Feeling empowered to achieve their ambitions
- Inclusivity, open-mindedness, and diversity
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
- Making long-term, high-impact decisions, even if they’re harder
We invite you to visit our blog to learn more about us, our values, and how we work.
As an iOS Developer, you'll use your strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals and experience in iOS development to continue creating an amazing experience for our users on Todoist for iOS. However at Doist, you’re not just a developer; with business aptitude, creativity, and strong interpersonal skills, you’ll collaborate in cross-functional teams to define and drive complex and exciting initiatives.
As an iOS developer, you’ll:
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Participate in regular team code reviews
- Work actively with members from the design, product, marketing, support, and other platform teams on new features and improvements, ensuring well-designed and consistent experiences
- Contribute to the direction of the product (e.g. suggesting new ideas, investigating leveraging new technologies, etc.)
- 3+ years of professional iOS development experience
- Strong knowledge of Swift and Objective-C languages
- Awareness and experience with the most relevant and recent iOS technologies
- A background in designing and refactoring large-scale systems
- Solid knowledge of testing principles
- Solid notion of performance optimisation techniques
- Strong communication skills in a remote, asynchronous context
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Deep awareness of the Apple Human Interface Guidelines
- Experience with WatchKit and AppKit
- Experience with open-source projects
- Experience on integrating third party technologies
- Experience with XCTest framework and UITests
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Experience working in remote teams
We’re bootstrapped, profitable, and committed to building a sustainable company that will grow for decades to come. We’ve built a benefits package that invests in our employee’s long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what that includes:
- Work-Life balance. That means 8 hours of work, 5 days each week (for a total of 40 hours) because the time you spend outside of work is just as important as the time you spend working.
- Flexible schedule and location. This is a fully remote position, so you can work from wherever you please and on a schedule that works best for you. All you need is a computer and access to a stable internet connection (which we sponsor!).
- Generous paid vacation. 40 days of paid time off to use however you like (vacation, national holidays, etc.).
- Paid parental leave. 18 weeks of paid maternity leave and 5 weeks of paid paternity/adoption leave.
- Education stipend. You’ll have a monthly budget to buy books, courses, and other resources you need to continue learning and developing.
- Competitive compensation.
- And much more!
All information collected through this application is stored in Workable, Doist’s Applicant Tracking System, where it will be used for recruitment purposes only. For more information on how we handle candidate data at Doist, we invite you to review our recruitment privacy notice. For questions, please contact us at email@example.com.