Posted about 1 year ago
Products and Technology
Salesforce Research and Einstein.AI (formerly MetaMind) are looking for extraordinary deep learning or research engineers.
As a deep learning or research engineer, you will work with research scientists and engineers to develop and productize new cutting edge models and associated artifacts such as data preparation pipeline and model characterization logic. You will ensure these models are developed to support accuracy, performance or other specific customer requirements.
You will work with platform team to support deployment of these models. In other words, you are problem solver, a deep learning model designer, and an engineer who makes sure the model is deployed at scale to serve our customers with state-of-the-art speech, vision, and language technologies.
We believe that making substantive progress on hard applications can drive and sharpen the research questions we study, and, in turn, scientific breakthroughs can spawn entirely new applications. With this in mind, the team maintains a portfolio of projects, some with an immediate path to production, others that may not find an application for several years.
You have a strong background in one or more of the following fields: deep learning, machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision, voice, or reinforcement learning. Additionally, applicants should have in-depth experience with problems such as text categorization, information extraction, question answering, text summarization, dialogue learning, machine translation, language and vision, image classification, image segmentation, or object detection.
- Partner with product managers to understand customer requirements
- Conduct research (including reviewing relevant literature) and collaborate with our research team to identify appropriate solution candidates
- Develop prototypes, then design and carry out experiments to validate and improve the prototypes
- Bring the ideas to production
- Monitor model behaviors in production and iteratively improve quality of services over time
- Work on cutting-edge research in machine learning
- MA/MS or PhD degree in computer science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, speech recognition, natural language processing, or related technical field such as operations research, computational mathematics, etc.
- Research experience or contributions in deep learning, machine learning, NLP, computer vision, reinforcement learning, or optimization.
- Solid Machine Learning background and familiarity with machine learning techniques
- Problem solving and ability to reuse, customize, and implement latest research
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Python, Java, C/C++
- Experience with one or more deep learning libraries and platforms (e.g., TensorFlow, Caffe, or PyTorch)
- Industry experience in deep learning research
- Can thrive in team environments; using agile methodology and interacting with Product Leaders, Scientists and Engineers to solve technology's greatest challenges
- In particular, we are looking for experienced engineers with Deep Learning experience and domain expertise around Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), and Vision to provide the best possible experience for our customers.
- Experience designing and implementing machine learning pipelines in production environments.
- Experience in building speech recognition and natural language processing systems (e.g. commercial or government-funded speech products) is a huge plus.
- We value professional industry experience; advanced degrees alone do not replace real world experience.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and collaboration skills.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.