Posted 11 months ago
The Employee Relations Team :
The Salesforce Employee Relations (ER) team provides support, expertise, education and resources, enabling managers to expand capability, and improve employee performance and engagement. Our primary areas of expertise: Workplace Investigations; Performance Improvement; Involuntary Separations; Job Accommodations. As our team scales to support the growth of the business we have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Manager focused on workplace investigations, coaching and dispute resolution.
Role Description :
The Employee Relations Senior Manager is an individual contributor role working within a centralized, Employee Relations (ER) function, for the APAC region, specifically focussed on India. This individual will have the ability to understand and support broad lines of business while handling complex investigations into policy violations and situations not in alignment with Salesforce values. This role will engage with senior levels of leadership within ES and the business to provide guidance and influence decision makers about making decisions in keeping with Ohana culture. Investigations are often complex, high-risk and sensitive and require leveraging common consistent practices and processes to ensure fair and consistent treatment and approach across India clients. Reports to the Senior Manager, Employee Relations JAPAC.
Your Impact :
Investigations work among experienced, geographically-distributed Employee Relations professionals who are responsible for providing expertise and case management of ER issues, from initial intake to resolution. Handles complex, high-risk or sensitive employee relations investigations. Develops, leverages common consistent practices and processes to ensure fair and consistent treatment /approach across APAC clients. Responsibilities include: 1) The ability to make tough decisions while working in ‘grey’ areas and be firm under push back 2) Collaborate with ER leadership on organizational strategies 2) Work with ER leadership team on identifying trends and developing initiatives to support and inform business leaders and ESBPs.
Employee Relations Support :
- Provide expertise, consultation, guidance and coaching to managers and ESBPs to address employee behavior and performance concerns; provide guidance and assist with the development and delivery of appropriate feedback or corrective/disciplinary actions, and which aligns with company approach, practices, and processes.
- Conduct HR investigations to include: gathering and analyzing facts, applying relevant laws, policies and past practice to reach conclusions, recommend and influence management actions. May partner with internal Employment Attorneys, Internal Audit, and other internal investigative bodies, as necessary.
- Interpret and apply understanding of corporate policies and practices, employment law, and other regulations to provide advice, guidance, or clarification for ER inquiries.
- May serve as facilitator and apply interventions to resolve low risk employee disagreements, conflicts, or misunderstandings if needed.
- Collaborate and partner with ESBPs, ER leadership, internal Employment Attorneys, ER Performance Improvement team, ES partners, and Employee Success Shared Services organizations to achieve high quality, seamless HR support, and represent as “1 ES” to the business.
- Maintain required documentation, including intake and investigative notes, supporting documents and final reports.
- Track, report and analyze case trends utilizing a Salesforce technology-based case management system.
- Manage or participate on special projects/programs requiring ER stakeholder input, as needed.
- Evangelist of continued adoption of an evolving centralized ER model.
- 5+ years of direct, highly-focused Employee Relations experience.
- Experience in working in a centralized ER model.
- Must have strong communication, presentation and executive writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire others on the team through change.
- Ability to build, develop and implement, and engage in new service delivery approaches; possibly different from the status quo.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate successfully within ambiguity, multiple priorities and a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to operate/advise in the \"gray\" areas. Adept understanding of client motivations and business pain points; leverages inputs to influence business decisions.
- Creates and executes influence strategies that persuade key stakeholders to take action that will advance shared interest and business goals.
- Experience working in a high volume, fast-paced environment, preferably in a high growth technology company.
- Ability to make decisions guided by policies, practices, procedures and business plan; receives general oversight and direction from Senior Manager, ER.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve delivery of services.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions.
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance on day-to-day work and deliverables.
- Experience using G Suite of Products desirable but not essential
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.