Posted 3 months ago
Cogito is advancing the way people communicate by applying machine learning to enhance conversations in real time. This is your chance to be a part of a trailblazing organization that is making a real difference using the latest cloud technologies for building highly-scalable products. Cogito performs in-call voice analysis and delivers real time guidance to agents and unprecedented insights to managers to an impressive portfolio of Fortune 500 clients.
Cogito is looking for a driven, energetic leader for our Information Security and IT teams. This person will be passionate about all aspects of security and IT and can communicate both challenges and solutions in a clear, pragmatic manner to both internal and external audiences. This person will have experience building secure, reliable security and IT infrastructure while balancing these factors with efficiency and scalability as the company grows.
This person understands both theory and practice of a business-oriented, regulated security environment. They are comfortable with the ever-changing world of modern security and can craft, communicate, and enforce an effective and scalable security program. They have experience testing and verifying while leading risk management and mitigation processes. They are able to provide confidence to customers through security validation processes and communicate confidently and effectively with senior customers in both technical and business roles.
Additionally, this person will help take Cogito’s IT infrastructure and employee applications to the next level. This includes leading a team focused on implementing and maintaining modern systems with enterprise-level uptime while ensuring flexible architecture to foster company growth.
This role will be reporting directly to the SVP of Business Operations. Consistent with Cogito’s “office optional” workspace vision, this role can be located either remotely or in Boston, MA, and if in Boston, with a hybrid schedule which includes some days remote and some days in-office based on what works best for you and the team.
- Assess, evolve, and streamline Cogito’s security program
- Maintain HITRUST, PCI, and SOC 2 certifications, while assessing other frameworks’ applicability and fit
- Enhance and maintain security policies and procedures
- Develop and plan the company’s security and IT roadmap and strategic investments
- Ensure the company’s IT needs are being anticipated and met
- Coach, develop, and lead team members across security and IT functions
- Lead Cogito’s key security functions, including Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery, Incident Response, and Risk Management.
- Experience in an enterprise SaaS environment running on AWS
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong written documentation skills
- Desire and demonstrated ability to lead successful teams
- Experience leading security initiates
- Experience with PCI, HITRUST, and SOC 2 strongly preferred
- Demonstrated comfort with ambiguity and managing competing priorities
- Experience negotiating security requirements with enterprise customers
- Understanding of core internet technologies
- Demonstrated ability to deliver enterprise-wide IT infrastructure projects on time and budget
- Prior experience in a high-growth environment is a plus
- Your choice of comprehensive benefits for you and your - dependents effective on date of hire; health, dental, vision, flexible spending, life insurance, disability, additional voluntary supplemental life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- 20 days vacation time, 5 days sick time, 2 floating holidays and 11 company holidays
- 2 "Be Gentle" personal days
- 401(k) retirement plan options
- Competitive pay and bonus eligibility
- Stock options via equity grants
- Ongoing professional development and cross-training
- Company paid parental leave upon hire
- Office Optional policy where Cogician’s choose where they work either primarily remote, primarily in office or hybrid
- Ability to support Cogician’s anywhere in the US through our Office Optional policy
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Resource Groups
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cogito is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
Authorization to Work
Applicants for employment in the US must be authorized to work in the US.