Posted about 1 year ago
Location: Remote, US or Canada
We're looking for an exceptional marketing leader with deep expertise in paid search strategy, execution, attribution, and measurement at scale. You will lead our media buying, tech infrastructure, and modeling while teaching the company about our acquisition and engagement programs. We are looking for someone with a proven history of driving successful, scaled campaigns on paid search while leading high-performance teams.
As Zapier's Sr. Manager, Paid Search, you'll be responsible for shaping the future of customer acquisition marketing for Zapier. You will work together with your team to drive our campaign analysis, ad creative, testing, and measurement. You will work with the product team to develop and optimize landing pages and other campaign assets related to the product. Additionally, you will partner with the Decision Science team to provide attribution rules, reporting, and a framework for team level campaign analysis. You will report to the Director of Advertising and Paid Media, and work together to set a vision for our advertising, develop a world-class team, and create cross-functional partnerships within marketing and across the organization.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
We encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
Things You'll Do:
- 5+ years of relevant experience and a proven track record in paid search
- Experience driving strategic work and operationalizing the output across an organization
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with the ability to present work at an executive level
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to partner with analytics teams to develop and apply key insights
- Positive, company first attitude, strong collaborator with proven ability to partner/lead cross-functional efforts
Zapier is a fast-growing and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Own the strategy, planning, and execution of the search and display channels. This would include keyword expansion, bid optimization, ad text optimization, and campaign analysis.
- Create and execute initiatives to grow the channel working with search vendors (such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo)
- Analyze and communicate marketing performance to local and global stakeholders, learning and sharing best practices
- Understand the competitive media landscape, and identify opportunities to reinforce Zapier's competitive category leadership through paid search
- Partner with Decision Science team to advance measurement and understanding of ROI and incrementality
- Build and develop a world-class team of campaign managers and media buyers as the channel expands
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, every week help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth.
If you want to work remote, that's great. If you want to work near others, that's cool too. Our team of 180+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.