Posted over 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Sales team is looking for a Senior Manager of the service provider vertical to join us in the U.S. In this role, you will lead and grow the business within the service provider vertical across the U.S. through direct sales and close collaboration with our channel team. You'll oversee the U.S. part of our globally focused Service Provider Vertical team, which contains industry experts in business development, marketing, and partner management, technical architects, solutions sales specialists, as well as dedicated sales and presales teams in key locations across the U.S. region. As a Senior Manager, you will accelerate the development and implementation of a multi-year strategy to rapidly grow revenue within the global service provider industry vertical in the U.S. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
- Serve as Red Hat's recognized area sales leader for service providers, including Tier 2, driving direct activity to the customer and with network equipment providers (NEPs), independent software vendor (ISV) partners, and global system integrators (GSIs) within North America (NA)
- Lead and manage a team of sales account managers and solutions architects, as well as business development management and marketing associates and specialists
- Lead partner and alliance managers, inside sales representatives, and other support associates on the U.S. level in matrix reporting lines for the Service Provider Vertical team
- Be directly responsible for vertical revenue and expense targets
- Develop a service provider go-to-market strategy in close alignment with the global service provider vertical lead and key stakeholders of the Products and Technologies (PnT) team, regional sales executives, and Global Services and Partner teams
- Develop strategy that delivers consistent and focused field fulfillment, including key wins across the targeted GSPs and identified partners
- Continue to evolve the sales area service from a coverage, structure, and talent perspective
- Foster mindset and orientation that ensures growth in deal size; serve as an expert adviser on commercial arrangements and frameworks that ensure Red Hat's ongoing sales success, especially on key opportunities
- Partner with other teams, like marketing and operations teams, to continuously guide internal processes and standards forward
- Provide organizational vision and identify areas for expansion to build on the current success at Red Hat and lead continued growth of 20%
- Exceptional industry experience and insight to lead a U.S.-wide business in alignment with our global strategy
- Flexible, with good critical thinking skills and work ethic
- 15+ years of experience working in progressive roles within the information technology (IT) industry in sales and sales management; successful record of results achieved for customers, teams, and offerings
- Demonstrated record of managing and growing a business vertical across a region with experience working with matrixed structures and demonstrated success in shaping corporate support functions and business teams
- 10+ years of sales management experience leading sales teams across the U.S.; demonstrated success leading and managing senior sales managers with diverse backgrounds and experience levels to achieve success in remote locations
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to inspire, motivate, and provide vision to a broad and remote team to achieve strategic growth goals and annual and quarterly revenue targets
- Demonstrated strategic planning, business development, operational sales management, sales awareness, and partner and alliance team management experience within software, hardware, and professional services
- Innovative with great vision for the service provider industry
- Experience with the global service provider industry and a comprehensive network of C-level industry contacts are a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.