Posted 10 months ago
Role Title: Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Why Salesforce.com Business Technology Team: We build teams that are smart, creative and fun. We work hard and play hard and believe that each individual can make a diﬀerence. Continuous personal and professional development of each individual is core to our high performing organization.
Team: Service, Support & Enablement (SS&E) team is a world class IT organization that designs, develops, deploys and supports IT Apps for Salesforce's post-sales business processes. As Salesforce continues to grow at a rapid pace, we are at the cutting edge of innovation to deliver Customer Success at Scale.
We're a ﬂat, lean, agile, self-governing team. We value transparency and trust. We continue to create purpose in our work, question the status quo, seek individual mastery and encourage autonomy.
Ready to bring your full stack leadership development experience from complex enterprise environments to Salesforce? Salesforce IT Applications team have mastered the balance between creativity and technology, and are looking for a Manager, Software Engineering to lead our Service Management Renewals scrum team. This role will provide leadership to the scrum team and lead a team of Business Systems Analyst (BSA) and software engineers.
You will lead teams who are building our Service Cloud. As an Engineering Manager, you will manage and lead a team of BSA and software engineers through project initiation, execution, and deployment. You will provide guidance through their career progressions, this people and technology leadership role is also responsible for eﬀective collaboration across product management & technology teams contributing to project success. This hands-on leader will guide a team and coordinate with others in the agile development process.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of increasing responsibility and success building and leading technical teams. The position requires strategic thinking and planning to provide leadership and expertise throughout the development lifecycle. The Manager will work with a team of very savvy, highly motivated software engineers. We are looking for someone with great leadership skills, a solid background using object-oriented methodologies, exposure/expertise in agile development methodology and the ability to operate within short release cycles.
● 14+ years software development experience with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects, with at least 5 years of management experience
● 6+ years of experience programming with Apex/Force.com, or demonstrate fundamental understanding of their concepts
● Strong understanding of MVC concepts
● Strong understanding of Object Oriented development/design
● Demonstrated thought leadership around cutting edge technologies - machine learning, cloud, social and mobile
● Establish credibility with smart engineers quickly
● Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
● Strong verbal and written communication skills, impeccable organizational and time management skills
● Agile, proactive, comfortable working with ambiguous speciﬁcations and can prioritize on the ﬂy
● Experience in short release cycles, the full software lifecycle, and have worked on a product that was actually released for public consumption
● Experience managing contractors
● Experience managing QE and Dev teams
● Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
● Experience with solutions on Salesforce products/platform technologies. Experience building Service Cloud application a deﬁnite plus.
● Ability to learn quickly in a highly dynamic environment
● Ability to take ownership of project delivery and multi-task on multiple projects/feature development
● Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent is desired, Masters would be preferredPosting Statement
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.