Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat United Kingdom and Ireland (UKI) Sales team is looking for a Senior Manager for the Solutions Sales Specialist team to join us in Farnborough, U.K. In this role, you'll be responsible for the specialist sales professionals and your success will be measured on strategic solutions, including cloud, middleware, and storage Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) solutions. You'll be expected to build a regional offering and services strategy for our emerging technology portfolio and to enable customers to define, develop, and deploy modern strategies. You will lead sales specialists to identify, qualify, and close opportunities in collaboration with the field sales and presales teams.
- Lead a team of sales specialists reporting to you directly and some associates with only a level of accountability towards you, but no direct report
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue and growth targets by establishing sales goals and monitoring the status of these goals; take necessary actions to ensure that sales targets are achieved
- Accurately forecast the business on a weekly basis
- Motivate, coach, and mentor the sales specialist teams to both grow existing accounts and capture new business throughout the region by developing effective sales strategies to ensure 100% achievement
- Build and share best practices for selling multi-offering and services solutions
- Cooperate and share your knowledge with all teams involved in selling, including global system integrators (GSIs), local partners, and sales teams
- Collect feedback and work with business teams to improve portfolio efficiency
- Contribute to large transformational deals success and to accounts planning
- Play a practical role in the Field Sales team by maintaining a personal presence and being highly visible throughout direct customer engagements in the field
- Participate in the closing of the biggest deals and in inspiring business initiatives for future success within the region
- Participate in the UKI management team and work in close collaboration with the vertical sales management team
- Record of leadership responsibility with a software sales organization; demonstrated success in achieving sales targets
- Record of exceeding annual sales targets in new and emerging technology spaces; proven experience developing sales teams that consistently deliver great performance
- 5+ years of experience selling specialist solutions; expertise building sales processes and solutions selling strategies in that specific marketplace
- Solid planning, financial, and analytical skills with a proven ability to apply these skills with business knowledge to complex situations with competing priorities
- Ability to conduct yourself in accordance with Red Hat's values
- Team spirit and high sense of collaboration with other teams
- Previous sales management experience is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.