Posted about 1 year ago
Senior Manager, Technical Support
As a member of the Salesforce Technical Support team in EMEA , the Senior Technical Support Manager will oversee the day-to-day support operations of our technical support team and ensure the success of this function. This position will be located at Salesforce Dublin office in Sandyford and will report directly to the EMEA Senior Director of Technical Support, also based in Dublin, Ireland.
The successful candidate will be independent, self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented, influential, experienced in dealing with Senior Business Leaders & Company executives and be able to define and provide a high level of customer satisfaction through the delivery of world-class technical support services.
- Manage a team of support engineers that are located in Dublin and throughout the EMEA region
- Manage and work with Global Delivery Partners.
- Manage the daily operations of the team members, including schedules, case and phone routing and coverage, out of office coordination, health check delivery, etc.
- Manage support level and customer satisfaction metrics; ensure the support SLA's are being met and exceeded.
- Manage a team of highly skilled engineers to handle daily case volume and major customer escalations
- Hire, develop and evaluate personnel to ensure an efficient business operation.
- Coordinate with other Customer Support Managers to ensure optimal allocation of resources across overall caseload demand.
- Manage the communication of new or recurring problems to product management, product development, customer facing employees, and customers.
- Conduct regular 1:1 meetings and formal reviews with team members to monitor progress, to set expectations and to coach and develop employee skills
- Receive and manage customer complaints and escalate to appropriate personnel ensuring successful and timely resolution
- Identify and implement changes to methods, processes, systems and technologies to improve operational metrics.
- Ensure team has access to development tools, methodologies and any resources needed
- Collaborate closely with peer managers as part of a global team to ensure regional goals are met
- Have a working knowledge of managing a Software Development Team and familiarity with force.com platform.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business Management with technical focus
- 5+ years experience working in critical support operations
- 4+ years in support management or support operations lead position, ideally managing developer support resources
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience supporting EMEA and US-based customers
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, development life-cycles, and use of development tools in a support capacity
- Ability to manage a team of engineers through technical escalations efficiently and appropriately
- Ability to effectively work within tight schedules and fast paced environment
- Ability to attract, hire and retain high-performing support professionals
- Ability to be creative and innovative. Discover and lead projects where value can be added to a global organization.
Salesforce s the global leader in customer relationship management (CRM) software. We pioneered the shift to cloud computing, and today we’re delivering the next generation of social, mobile and cloud technologies that help companies revolutionize the way they sell, service, market and innovate–and become customer companies. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. Our “more human, less corporate” culture is built around doing work that matters, winning as a team and celebrating success Aloha-style. Ready to find your #dreamjob?
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.