Posted over 1 year ago
Job CategoryFinance and Operations
Global Real Estate team members are part of an award winning department continually pushing the boundaries of Corporate Real Estate in support of Salesforce's 111 offices, in 81 cities, accommodating more than 30,000 employees. From our urban campuses, Salesforce Towers, fully activated lobbies and events, and cutting edge workplace designs, we strive for excellence and challenge ourselves to surprise and delight our employees and guests every day. In Global Real Estate, we work collaboratively to respond to challenges, motivate each other to do the best work of our lives, and enthusiastically celebrate our successes.
Salesforce, ranked by Forbes seven years running as the "World's Most Innovative Company" is seeking a talented and motivated individual to manage the Workplace Services team at Salesforce San Francisco HQ.
This role reports to the Sr. Director, Workplace Services and is based in San Francisco, Ca. The Sr. Manager will be responsible for Workplace Services at the San Francisco Headquarters comprised of 1.8M square feet of Class A office space and 8,000 employees, along with expansion into Salesforce Tower. The ideal candidate will demonstrate exemplary leadership, people management, critical thinking, innovation, and multi-tasking abilities. They must demonstrate proven success in a dynamic and fast paced environment with high communication skills
- Manage a team of Workplace Services Managers, Supervisors and Coordinators
- Develop and implement operational guidelines to deliver best in class services to Salesforce employees, visitors and guest
- Manage day-to-day operations of HQ Workplace Services by establishing and implementing standard procedures for team operations, service delivery and reporting. Maximize efficiency through the effective utilization of assets and site resources
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Manage team compensations, promotional, and merit increases strategically
- Responsible for staffing decisions, including interviews, hiring and mentoring the team members
- Proactively partner with key providers and effectively implement vendor management best practices. Coordinate and oversee the work of vendors, business partners and contractors
- Organize HQ operations to improve workflow for Workplace Services. Review plans and proposals to determine timeframes and identify required resources. Identify areas of concern and develop plans to resolve them
- Responsible for department budget
- Create, maintain and enhance strong customer relationships across various levels of the organization
- Act of the subject matter expert for both the client and Workplace Services team
- Lead and manage multiple complex and strategic initiatives
- Provide leadership in a customer service intensive environment
- Drive operational objectives with ongoing process improvement initiatives to continually improve service, project delivery, and customer success.
- Define and drive documentation for operational processes and procedures to optimize support and management of deployed applications and systems.
- Oversee our National snack program
- Expand our existing ARC porter program
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing programs
- Daily management of objectives, priorities, tradeoffs, risk and performance management of all reporting staff members according to corporate policies and best practices.
- Identify technology and process gaps, conduct sophisticated and creative gap analysis, and translate those results to easily digestible messages.
- Assist or manage special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree (or commiserative experience)
- Ten years experience in Workplace Services, Facilities Services, Office Services or closely related function
- Five years experience as a people manager. Proven track of successfully supervising, developing and training staff
- Professional certifications desirable
- Experience delivering best in class customer service
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and workflow to ensure accuracy and quality
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, deadline- driven environment where priorities change frequently
- Excellent independent decision making capabilities and a solutions oriented attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient at using the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs. Experience with internal Salesforce platform is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to manage overall business initiative or several components of a large, complex project with direct experience in Agile and Scrum;
- Ability to manage a group of specialists and be a SPOC (Single point of contact) managing several competing priorities
- Ability to engage with emotional intelligence as required to avoid conflicts with customers based on personality differences and to make suggestions in a manner that is more likely to result in a desired outcome
- Good project management skills with ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks across various user groups
- Excellent understanding of Salesforce's Web Services and good understanding of Salesforce SOQL, SOSL and security model
- Must be a self-starter and Salesforce enthusiast who thrives on working in fast-paced environment
- Strong team player with service-oriented attitude and customer focus
- Change Management principles and processes experience desired
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.