Posted 12 months ago
MartianCraft has an exciting remote position available for an eager UI/UX designer with 5+ years experience. You’ll be working alongside a small team of talented designers and engineers creating enterprise level mobile applications in collaboration with the our clients in-house team.
MartianCraft works closely with enterprise clients to design unique business-focused applications used every day. Everything from focused financial applications to job and task specific apps used by people on job sites every day.
We are currently looking for a Senior Designer to join our growing team.
You’ll help define, and lead the vision for a number of mobile design projects within a large organization all while working from the comfort of your home.
You’ll do user research, work with our Creative Director and CTO to define what is possible and will have the most impact for our client. You’ll develop concepts, layouts, and prototypes to present to the client.
You’ll work collaboratively with our engineers and client stakeholders to turn that vision into a reality. You will be the voice for presenting your ideas and responsible for championing design thinking and good UX throughout our client’s organization. You’ll need to be quick on your feet and able to iterate through the design process while keeping focused on release cycles and high level goals. You will also be responsible for delivering specs and assets to the engineering team and working to ensure your designs are executed as intended.
- More than 5 years of experience working in UI/UX Design.
- Thorough knowledge of UI/UX design, working with design patterns, and agile methodologies.
- You are fluent with iOS design language and can expand upon house developed styles as needed.
- Portfolio must demonstrate experience working on, and leading native mobile application initiatives.
- You have strong communication skills and can help the client uncover UX challenges and propose solutions that fit within the larger business goals.
- You have the ability to listen to a complex problem and develop simple solutions to create a beautiful and functional UI/X experience for the client and end users.
- You can create presentations that effectively communicate your thinking and help stakeholders make decisions.
- Demonstrate proﬁciency and understanding of industry standard design processes, methods, and tools.
- Fluency with iOS Human Interface Guidelines.
- You are proficient with Sketch and the Adobe Suite.
- You’re comfortable with prototyping tools like InVision and version control tools like Abstract.
- You’re meticulous in your process and have an eye for detail.
- Strong typographic and data visualization skills.
- BFA in Design or a related ﬁeld preferred.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US.
- Candidates must be U.S.-based and able to travel 2 - 4 times a year to client site in Houston, TX.
This is a full-time employment position with a full benefits package including medical/dental/vision/Rx insurance, paid time off, and a 401(k).