We are looking for a remote Senior Mobile Engineer to join our team of twenty.
You will lead the interaction design of our iOS and Android applications to deliver an elegant and performant user experience for our worldwide audience.
Joining at a time where we have two applications in market, we’re looking for someone to work with our Product Design and Engineering leads to take these to the next level.
Experienced at developing applications at scale, you develop with performance in mind, well-versed in the various constraints and opportunities each platform presents. You know when it makes sense to apply custom solutions, and when to rely on native controls. You sweat the details of every interaction, knowing that the small stuff matters.
- Defining the optimal architecture that leverages the strengths of our React Native application
- Partnering with our Product Design team to execute the end-to-end user experience
- Refining interactions, animations, and transitions to improve the user experience, perceived and actual performance
- Developing test plans and supporting documentation
- Ongoing maintenance and version control
We’re looking for someone with proven experience in a senior mobile role. You'll be able to demonstrate successful past projects for professional, public-facing, mobile applications.
The role requires:
- Experience within a cross-departmental team of Product, Engineering and QA
- Proven experience deploying to Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Strong understanding of Google and Apple design principles and interface guidelines
- React Native experience or equivalent experience with another JS framework
You have well-considered opinions about mobile best practices and demonstrate a passion for the craft of product development. We encourage the sharing of our views within the technical community and support our team members in these endeavors.
All our team members possess a strong eye for detail and a love and respect for design. We're attracted to candidates that can demonstrate this in their past work experience.
You should be comfortable working autonomously, with previous experience collaborating as part of a remote team a big plus. Excellent English and written communication skills are required to be successful in this role.
💼 Co-working expense budget: A budget for when you'd like to work out of home
🖥 Home office expense budget: We help kickstart or upgrade your home office setup
💪 Health & fitness expense budget: A budget for the activities that help keep your mind and body in shape
🏖 Work where you want: As long as you have great internet speeds, be wherever you want to be
🏰 Annual team meetup: We get together as a full team every year, and plan to again when the time is right. Last year we met in Athens
⚕️ Medical, dental & vision: In the US, we pay 50% of your coverage, including partners and children
💰 Team liquidity pool: Rewarding our team if there's ever an exit
We’re a 100% remote and global team. We’re looking for the best of the best, so your location is not important. We encourage people of different backgrounds and perspectives to join our team and deliver their best work.
The salary range is US $110-140K. Compensation is benchmarked relative to experience and equitable to other roles at Float. If you are based outside the US, as half our team is, you will be hired as a Contractor.
Applications close on Friday, 5th June.