Posted over 1 year ago
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today's entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building huge scale network on the internet.
We are looking for a Network Engineer to join the existing network engineering team, working with the infrastructure group. Reporting to the Manager of Network Engineering, the Network Engineer will be part of a team that is designing, implementing and maintaining the DigitalOcean network from the Internet edge to the hypervisor connections. Our networks need to be massively scalable, and enable systems agility, while providing our hundreds of thousands of customers with the most stable platform. We work with other infrastructure and engineering teams to ensure new products and features have scalable network architectures and will provide the performance our customers require.
If you're looking for a Network Engineering role to challenge your skills but be rewarding and fulfilling, while working with top of the line equipment and manage a large network with huge scaling requirements and modern design, this job is for you.What You'll Be Doing:
What We'll Expect From You:
- Rolling out new network infrastructure to our various locations remotely around the world
- Ensuring that our existing network is running at its peak
- Providing support to customers who are experiencing network related issues
- Responding to and troubleshooting alerts as well as participating in our on-call rotation
- Working closely with other teams within the infrastructure group to build a scalable and economical network
- Optimizing our automation systems
Why You'll Like Working for DigitalOcean
- Experience working on, building, and troubleshooting large scale, datacenter networks
- Experience working on, building, and troubleshooting worldwide backbone networks
- Experience working with Juniper equipment, such as MX, QFX, EX, SRX
- Sound understanding of network hardware especially Juniper MX, EX, QFX devices and components
- Experience working with all the usual layer 2 and layer 3 protocols such as BGP, OSPF, VRRP, BBR, MPLS
- Understanding of peering and transit and their roles on the Internet
- The ability to function independently on routine tasks and project work
- Strong linux skills along with experience in Python or any other similar language
- Experience with Salt configuration management
- Understanding of overlay and underlay networking concepts
- Experience working with RSVP-TE, BGP-LU, and Ansible configuration management are a plus
- Certifications are nice, but not required
- Experience working with Arista is a bonus
- Bonus points for any optical networking experience
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our "no jerks" rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You'll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you'll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We're also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!