Posted about 1 year ago
Senior Network Engineer
The position as Senior Network Engineer is in the Global IT - EMEA Enterprise Network Services - Project Delivery team which handles the data network part of real estate projects, M&A projects, technology projects and infrastructure projects. Projects are primarily in the EMEA region but can also be global projects.
Network engineers are assigned to projects that affect the IT infrastructure. Participation and implementation of these projects is key to the success of Global IT and Oracle.
This position is in the team that focus on routing and switching area. The projects can be managed by a project manager or by the engineer so strong team work skills are required as well as skills to take responsibility for own projects and drive them to a successful conclusion. This position will require travel and the engineer must be able to work in different cultural environments as projects can be local/regional/global. The engineer will be part of the full lifecycle of a project from design to planning and all the way to implementation, often in close cooperation with security engineers, UCC engineers and other groups in Oracle.
Required technical requirements:
Desired technical requirements:
- Demonstrated experience of working autonomously in a project delivery environment to strict deadlines
- Strong LAN/WAN project experience
- Cisco certification(s) (e.g. CCNP / CCDP)
- Experience in producing detailed Engineering Packs based on standard designs and practices
- Extensive knowledge of network configurations and routing protocols including BGP and OSPF
- Extensive knowledge of the Cisco router and switch product families
- Strong knowledge of Cisco Wireless technologies and Cisco Prime
- Strong knowledge of other network technologies including MPLS
- Strong knowledge of IPv6
- Solid understanding of network security protocols
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the area
- Scripting skills (Python, Perl)
Soft Skill Requirements:
- Experience with SD-WAN and NFV
- Knowledge of Riverbed WAN Accelerators
- Knowledge of Juniper Border and Transit routers
- Knowledge of Fortigate firewalls and Forti Manager
- Knowledge of Proxy devices and configuration
Detailed Description and Job Requirements:
- Excellent English language skills, both spoken and written
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Mature and self-motivated professional with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- A focus on customer service / satisfaction with strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness
- Ability to build strong working relationships and work within a global, remote workforce
- Ability to work in a pressured production environment while not compromising on the quality of the service provided
- Knowledge of Lean, Agile methodologies and the SAFe framework
As part of the Network Services team within Oracle's Global Information Technology organization, you will be responsible for the delivery of IT services to Oracle's businesses worldwide, these services include the management and delivery of network infrastructure.
Maintain records of equipment failure and liaise with engineers and suppliers as necessary. Escalate client problems according to established procedures. Manage the network using network management tools, analyze network performance and recommend network enhancements. Analyze network performance to ensure adequate bandwidth for business needs. Recommend enhancements to the network infrastructure, and with management agreement enhance proactive network management tool set. Troubleshoot network problems on the campus network, remote locations and country wide area network though to resolution. Perform Project Engineering including specification definition, design of solution in compliance with corporate standards, implementation, testing through to production. Respond to monitor alarms to identify the root cause of an outage and coordinate the corrective action in a timely fashion. Provide on-call support services as needed and provide assistance to others.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years relevant work experience and degree/diploma in computer science or IT discipline.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).