Posted about 2 years ago
What will your day look like?
With your first (of many) cups of coffee in hand, you skip the traffic-packed drive and stroll down the hall to your home office. Turn on your monitor and join the daily standup. Call done, hit play on your favourite playlist, tap the volume key a few times and get in the zone. First on your list for today is to review some GitHub pull requests that need your attention. The rest of the morning goes by working on a feature for the weekly client demo. Lunchtime arrives and you head to your yoga class. Feeling stretched and relaxed, you make yourself something to eat, grab (another) cup of coffee and get back to work. Some remote problem solving with the team and then it’s back to code. Hunger calls and you know it’s time to shut the laptop. After catching up on everyone’s day, you go pack for your trip to NodeConf the next day.
What will you be doing?
At NearForm, we work with international clients who are industry leaders in their respective fields. Our role is to help them build solutions and platforms; help them to launch new product ventures and fundamentally change how they operate.
Join a highly-skilled multidisciplinary team; typically consisting of designers, front-end and back-end experts, DevOps engineers, and also members of the client team. This mix follows a modern agile development methodology where we run 2-week sprints with a defined backlog, daily standups, weekly demos, sprint planning and sprint retros; all with as little ceremony as necessary.
What do we ask of you?
* 6+ years experience developing at an enterprise level
* Evidence of real-world delivery of solutions and platforms
* Experience with a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
* Fluent English & superb communication skills (written and oral)
* Located in North America or South America
* Availability for short-term travel on a semi-regular basis
* HTML and CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
* Best practice and design patterns, such as CSS paradigms (OOCSS, SMACSS, and BEM)
* Ajax, JSON and RESTful web services
* Best practice front-end security, familiarity with OWASP top 10
* Modern knowledge of front-end performance
* Build tools such as Gulp, Grunt, Browserify and Webpack
* Versioning tools, in particular, GIT
* Browser testing and debugging
* Cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
* Layout aesthetics, responsive design and mobile web development
* SQL and document-oriented databases
* Testing and debugging
* Cloud architecture and administration
* Systems integration
What will you get?
* Work/Life balance: we have a genuine dedication to work/life balance.
* Family-friendly: we understand how important family is, so our flexible environment allows you to work around what matters - school run, no problem!
* The Wellness Hub: we offer resources and support and have a genuine commitment to fostering/improving nearFormer’s wellbeing.
* Knowledge perks: explore new hobbies, brush up on life skills or simply learn something new, there is something there for everyone.
* NearFest: we all get together in person at our annual company retreat
Why do you want to join the team?
We adopt a person-first approach to hiring. That means we hire the best people – it’s as simple as that. Our lucky HR team gets to pick the cream of the crop from around the world and has brought together a collection of dynamic and talented individuals we like to call ‘NearFormers’.
Although we are widely dispersed, NearFormers are a tightly-knit team. We trust one another and care about our colleagues. Building on our open-source origins, we promote the sharing of thoughts, knowledge and ideas.
NearForm is committed to shaping a better world in all that we do. Our global team is built based on respect, inclusivity, diversity and excellence.