Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Lead the alignment, engagement, and strategic direction between Red Hat and IBM’s customer experience and support organizations. The Red Hat Global Partner Success team within the broader Customer Experience and Engagement (CEE) team is looking for a Senior Partner Success Manager to join us in the U.S. In this role, you will be dedicated to our alliance with IBM and focus on ensuring that we maximize the value of our partnership to mutual customers and use our resources to the fullest, so that together we deliver an outstanding customer experience. You’ll serve as a point of contact among Red Hat's sales, support, and engineering teams and with counterparts at IBM. As a Senior Partner Success Manager, you’ll identify, lead, and coordinate the support and operational resources, processes, and best practices that constitute the core of our partnership. You will use your experience navigating IBM’s organizational structures to effectively guide alignment within Red Hat. The work location for the role is flexible, which is why well-qualified, home-based candidates from the U.S. will be considered. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship with stakeholders so that all of Red Hat's activities are closely aligned with the goals of the partnership
- Serve as the primary point of contact in the post sales cycle, and cooperate with all teams and functions within Red Hat to champion shared goals and outcomes
- Understand our shared business objectives and strategy by developing success plans that capture critical success factors and potential issues, and provide recommendations to achieve successful adoption of our offerings by our mutual customers
- Direct the overall engagement and alignment of our organization’s assigned resources and services, including technical account management, L3 support, collaborative support, and support training and enablement
- Lead the onboarding and ongoing enablement of Red Hat and IBM associates to ensure that they understand and support the objectives of the partnership
- Understand IBM's solutions and technology as they relate to Red Hat’s offerings
- Advocate IBM’s needs and issues internally across various Red Hat teams and functions
- Serve as a point of escalation on ongoing complex technical issues by collaborating with the Escalation Management team and other teams and functions within Red Hat
- Conduct service reviews that highlight partner and program successes, milestones, opportunities and gaps; implement corrective actions and closed-loop efforts
- Proactively assess IBM’s risks and needs to make sound recommendations
- Create advocates to generate good partner and customer references, referrals, and case studies
- Contribute towards building a fun-filled work environment
- 10+ years of relationship management or technical partner or customer service experience, preferably within the enterprise software industry
- Previous experience in partner relationship management is required
- Experience working at IBM or as an IBM business partner
- Tech-savvy with a solid technical enterprise-level computer software background supporting partners
- Ability to discuss technical concepts with non-technical stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage critical support and business escalations
- Experience working with customer and partner relationship management tools and case management solutions
- Solid understanding of the open source development model and open source software solutions like cloud computing and DevOps
- Demonstrated background working with Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 level companies is a big plus
- Outstanding communication skills to lead onsite or remote strategic business reviews, highlighting aspects of partner success, with stakeholders ranging from individual contributors to executive management
- Solid interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills along with an ability to work with teams across the globe with varying skill sets
- Motivated and results-oriented, excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritize your workload
- Willingness to travel up to 30% or as required
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.