At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring an Engagement /Project Management Framework Practice Leader to lead a team of people that design, built and innovate our Amazonian-Agile Engagement Delivery Framework. This also includes responsibilities to enable field personnel via training and community development. This framework is used to orchestrate our most complicated customer engagements. As the person in this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of coaches and trainers, framework and developers focused on enabling the successful delivery of engagements to customers across the continent. You will build a team focused on mechanizing tight feedback loops from customers, partners and engagement teams to curate and refine the framework. You and your team will assist in training customers, partners and internal teams in Amazonian-agile development/framework best practices, utilize the framework to accelerate both innovation and migration scenarios.
AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective AWS customer experience, best practices, and obsessing about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product, service, and training teams, to deliver the right solutions and drive feature innovations for our customers across all industries. These professional services engagements focus on the full platform of AWS customer solutions to help our customers and partners remove constraints and accelerate their journey to AWS.
· Leadership – build and lead a team of individuals across North America who will be responsible for the design, build and deploy of our Amazonian-Agile Engagement Delivery Framework used to orchestrate our most complicated customer engagements.
· Advisory – Work as a strategic business partner to help engagement teams achieve their business outcomes and help to drive innovation throughout the engagement life cycle
· Training – Teach customers, engagement teams and partners Amazonian-Agile delivery framework and continue to develop and iterate and innovate
· Partnering – Conduct partner enablement briefings and trainings to further scale adoption of the delivery framework
· Drive a consistent engagement/project experience for our customers thru our Engagement Manager community
· Solutions - This includes participating in pre-sales, on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, proposing and delivering ProServe offerings such as mass migration programs, and help develop custom solution engagements.
· Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services in key market verticals & regulated industries such as financial services, media/entertainment, and healthcare/life sciences.
· Delivery - Assist and engage with deliver teams as they manage multi-stream technical engagements with partners and customers.
· Feedback - Work with customers, AWS Professional Services field personnel, and partners to incorporate engagement/project learnings and feedback to enhance the framework, thus completing the flywheel or closed loop aspects critical for a framework to be justified.
· Led a global team 15-20 people whose primary responsibility is coaching/advisory, framework development, training and partner enablement of engagement delivery frameworks
· 8+ years’ hands on experience leading the delivery of multiple enterprise-level IT consulting projects leading and coaching Agile methodologies.
· Hands on Experience utilizing Agile and Waterfall methodologies to deliver engagements/projects
· Hands on Experience with Agile and Project Management (APM) toolsets (e.g. Jira, RallyDev, VersionOne, Taiga, etc). Sprinting with backlogs managed in these toolsets.
· Has presented to C-level executives (CIO, CEO, CTO, CISO, etc.) as well as to technical subject matter experts
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
· Ability to travel to client locations to assist in coaching/mentoring professional services as needed.
· Managed technical projects consisting of 15 or more people and/or totaling over $1,000,000 budget
· Mentored, coached or trained other scrum masters, program or project/engagement managers, the business or customers on agile best practices, frameworks and/or methodologies