GitBook is a modern documentation platform sustained by some of the best SaaS europeans VCs (Point 9 Capital, Notion Capital, Fly VC), used by over 500,000 users and thousands of teams such as Adobe, Netflix, Decathlon, or Google.
🚀Our ambition is to empower team's intelligence. We want to help teams work more efficiently by creating a single place to leverage their knowledge.
We are evolving in a fast paced environment with a strong will to scale. As you may imagine reaching this level of ambition requires a lot of efforts on product development, that is why we are looking for a Senior Product Developer to scale our product and our team in order for us to go "one step beyond".
🙌 What will you be doing?
Our Product Developer Team's mission is to implement the product vision while developing an outstanding experience for our customers. You will have a direct impact on our users and its very perceptible.
On a daily basis, you will be working on:
Development : You will be taking ownership on features development, working on the whole stack (even though each members of the Product Team has his/her own specialities), imagining new features to solve our customers problems, working on refactoring, bug fixes and flows that impact users.
Design: You will be able to imagine new features and share your ideas, usually by sketching things up and discussing about it with our designer.
Support: Every team member should be informed of the state of the product, and there is nothing better than having everybody on support. At GitBook, each Product Developer takes responsibility toward the end user to solve its problems on the application (in a reasonable way). Tools: ZenDesk, Sentry, Amplitude and Firebase logs.
🛠 What technical stack will you be working on?
😎 How are you going to work within our team?
We are working with short sprints (1 week) to create a great dynamic with our entire team. Sprints help us to tackle challenges and deliver on ambitious goals all together. We are also organising Product, Customers, Ops and Talent meetings every week in order to discuss about challenges on a high level and take a step back from our day-to-day.
You will be working closely with our entire Product Team and you will also have a lot of interactions with our Go-to-Market Team to discuss customers' feedbacks, product roadmap...
If you want to get to know more about our team do not hesitate to have a look at our about page
🎯What do you need to succeed?
your technical expertise as you are able to implement changes to the product on your own, build scalable technical solutions and maintain them over time.
your product oriented mindset as you are not only focused on technical aspects. You work on improving the product by taking design initiatives and you have a strong understanding of customer point of view.
your engineering experience as you know how to help engineering teams build faster better solutions.
You will also appreciate:
- 🏥 health insurance
- 🍽 lunch voucher thanks to Lunchr card (around 9e/day)
- 🚊 refund of your public transport subscriptions up to 50%
- 💪 to have an impact by building a product that helps thousands of teams and users around the world
- 🚀 to move fast and learn in the challenging environment of a fast-growing startup
- 🛋 to work remotely whenever you want to
- 🏡 to enjoy our offices in the center of Lyon whenever you want to as well
- 🍫 to gather with the entire GitBook's team to share lunches and sweet breaks as we love food
- ⚽ to (sometimes) practice sports with GitBook's team
- 😎 to work with "the coolest team on earth" !
- 🏄 to go on team off-sites twice a year (summer and winter)
1. First, you need to send us your application to express your interest and we will review it (of course we'll get back at you whatever the decision)🙂
2.As the next step, our Talent Manager will call you so the both of you will be able to ensure there is a correlation between GitBook's expectations, the role and your own expectations.
3. Then, you will be meeting with two members of our Product Team to share about role specifics such as required skills, knowledge, abilities as well as working environment, day-to-day life...
4. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to discuss with one of GitBook's founders about our story, our vision and ambition, and ensure there is a fit with our culture and core values.
5. Finally, you will have the opportunity to meet with the entire team to determine if we would like to work together on a daily basis and share drink/lunches after work.