Posted about 1 year ago
Are you passionate about helping define the future of Chefs products? Were looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the Chef team to help define and expand our next-generation automation stack that seamlessly integrates the Chef Software portfolio including Chef, Inspec, Habitat, and Chef Automate.
As a product manager working on our next-generation automation stack, youll have a broad scope of projects and be responsible for building products that are easy to deploy and delightful to use across a range of runtime targets, as well as providing core functionality that enables other teams here at Chef to deliver high impact features with velocity.
You will be responsible for helping the team determine the next most valuable thing to deliver informed by your understanding of our customers and the market. Day to day, this ranges from researching market opportunities, analyzing competitors offerings, interviewing customers, breaking down work with engineering teams, and, of course, shipping incredible customer experiences.
You should possess an unusual blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the dedication to make that vision a reality. You love talking to customers to understand their dreams and collaborating with brilliant engineers to deliver creative solutions for the broader market.
In this pursuit:
- You will work as part of a larger product team, coupled with engineering and user experience to conduct product discovery, define requirements, and set priorities
- You will collaborate with marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer
- You will serve as an internal and external evangelist for your product(s)
- Understand our market and competitors
- Help define the vision and strategy for the next-generation automation stack
- Research, understand, and represent the voice of the customer through frequent interactions with customers and the field
- Work closely with others at Chef: engineering, documentation, marketing, sales, and customer experience
- Break down complex problems into steps that drive iterative product development
- Be accountable for building the right product features to support business goals, strategy, and excite customers
- Developing product strategy that aligns with Chef's broader mission and strategy, drawing from deep customer insights, data, and research
- Lead cross-functional and full-stack teams of engineers and UX designers to deliver new features that contribute to joint goals and initiatives
- Partner and collaborate effectively on joint initiatives across product, marketing, operations, sales, and engineering
- Clearly communicate product plans, strategy and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from leadership to all Chef employees and customers
- Define, refine, and prioritize epics and stories while working in a fast-paced lean/agile environment as part of a larger product team working on joint initiatives and epics
- 5+ years of software product management experience
- Experience with enterprise customers and enterprise software is a must
- A real passion for understanding users and their experiences with products
- Comfort with modern product management practices such as user story mapping and lean design
- Knowledge of user experience design and research practices is helpful
- A real passion for building outstanding products, and curiosity about the best products no matter what the domain
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience with lean/agile development methodologies (Kanban, XP or Scrum)
- This position requires occasional travel to customer and non-customer sites (less than 25%)
- Experience working with geographically-distributed teams around the world
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.