Posted about 1 year ago
GitHub is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Workflows team. Together we will create products that are integral to how people build software. We pride ourselves on being thoughtful, intentional and getting things done. Hopefully you do too.
GitHub Engineering and Product Management organizations are highly distributed, and you should embrace an environment of asynchronous communication. We expect you to have strong communication skills and be able to build working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
In this position, you will work closely with the your peers in Product Management, Product Design, and Engineering. You should relish the challenge that digging into complex developer workflows, automation and collaboration opportunities brings to this product line. This is a chance to work with some of the smartest product people and engineers in the industry and to contribute to the new, even revolutionary ways for users to interact with the world’s next generation of cloud products.Responsibilities:
- Own the product vision for your area. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision.
- Be an expert on the domain, the market, the trends, and the history. Evangelize your vision so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Represent the customer. Be the champion and voice of customers. Build intimate, personal customer relationships. Bring the customer's voice into the creation process.
- Manage the roadmap. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while helping the company think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product managers play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
- Measure success. Own the measures used to define success for your product. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
- Develop new opportunities. With your finger on the pulse of the market, the customers and the engineering teams, you are uniquely positioned to discover and develop new opportunities.
- 5-8+ years of engineering, developer evangelism, product management, product marketing or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities and define and deliver products.
- Strong technical abilities including experience with developer tool workflows.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices.
- Previous experience working with a software delivery team.
- Willingness to travel anywhere our developer communities, staying productive and professional on the roads.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability at act effectively with only high level direction
- Experience working across organizations with Sales, Marketing, Support, Product, Engineering and Design.
- Strong communication skills: enthusiastic and clear verbal communicator as well as explicit and mindful written communication skills.
Who We Are:
- Strong analytical capabilities. You excel at and enjoy building models and decomposing complex structures and data into useful primitives and analyses.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex feedback into actionable priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and projects.
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy and understanding.
- Proficiency in one or more major programming languages.
GitHub is the developer company. Over 36 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
What We Value:Collaboration:
We believe the best work is done together.
We believe in putting people first.
We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Where We Can HirePlease note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.