Posted 29 days ago
OpenMind is a rapidly growing non-profit EdTech startup that works at the intersection of behavioral science and technology to address polarization and social conflict. We translate the best social science research into tools that are engaging, evidence-based, and scalable in order to equip people with the skills to think clearly and engage constructively across differences.
OpenMind was co-founded by the social psychologist Jonathan Haidt, the author of the bestselling books The Righteous Mind and The Coddling of the American Mind. Since launching in 2017, our online program has reached more than 25,000 people in more than 500 classrooms, as well as 50 organizations and companies, across more than 15 countries.
About the Role
We are looking for a talented Senior Product Manager to lead the design, development, execution, and launch of our products. The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for developing our product roadmap and driving all phases of product planning and execution, including conceptualizing product components and features. You will be responsible for ensuring that we achieve our annual product goals while staying on schedule and within budget.
As Senior Product Manager, you will be expected to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment where you will need to manage numerous projects effectively and reliably. You will be overseeing the development of multiple product-lines for different sectors, and you will be responsible for maintaining a consistent look and feel of our products to form an integrated product set. The ideal candidate has a background in e-learning and has strong UX/UI and A/B testing experience. Interest and some familiarity with behavioral science research are preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in product management, with a background in EdTech, Online Learning, and/or instructional design preferred.
- Experience managing products through their full lifecycle by working closely with our Research, Design, QA, and Engineering team members and consultants to ensure that specifications, deadlines, and quantitative goals are met.
- Strong project management skills with experience coordinating cross-functional teams using Agile principles.
- Experience conducting user research, creating data analytics, and running A/B testing.
- Strong UI/UX experience.
- Ability to empathize with our users and collaborate with Research, Design, QA, and Engineering to ensure that features meet user needs.
- Strong ability to communicate decisions and issues to senior leadership and cross-functional team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are deeply committed to our mission and to designing evidence-based solutions to social problems.
You are action- and solutions-oriented. You have a bias toward action, you are effective at troubleshooting, and you have a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done.
You are a people-person. You get along well with others. You treat others with empathy and respect. You build trust, and you use your strong interpersonal skills to ensure alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, you are comfortable with ambiguity, and you are able to adapt to new circumstances.
You are intellectually humble and resilient. You are comfortable having your ideas challenged, you respond well to feedback, and are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
You hold yourself to high standards of excellence. You are detail-oriented and have excellent organizational and time-management skills.
Start Date: Immediate
Deadline: We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis.