Posted 3 months ago
Renaissance® is the leader in K-12 learning analytics------enabling teachers, curriculum creators, and educators to drive phenomenal student growth. Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters------creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Founded by parents, upheld by educators, and enriched by data scientists, Renaissance knows learning is a continual journey------from year to year, and for a lifetime.
For more information, visit www.renaissance.com.
As a member of the Freckle product team, you'll work on helping develop and execute on our product vision as Renaissance becomes the most important education company of a generation. We want Freckle to be the product that students and teachers trust most for learning by doing, and we want to do that across the world. We've just gotten started, and we want your help to get to the next level.
You'll work on features for teachers that:
- Give them better information about how to reach their students where they most need help
- Give them more time to spend on the most important parts of their job
- Make them advocates for Freckle when talking to their peers and administrators
You'll work on features for students that:
- Engage them in ideas and problems in Math, English, Social Studies, and Science, and inspire them to work to solve them
- Give them ownership over their own learning
- Help them realize that struggling is an important part of learning, and inspire them to persevere
Most importantly, your work will have purpose: Renaissance is a mission-driven company that takes pride in accelerating learning and improving the lives of millions of students.
Your first week you'll do things like:
- Examine the data around an existing feature, do customer interviews, and then develop a plan for improving it
- Examine collected feedback around a specific feature request, talk to users who gave that feedback, and think about how that fits in with the overall product, then create a spec to address it
Your first quarter you'll do things like:
- Talk to and shadow teachers to understand the unique challenges they face in the classroom and beyond
- Talk to and shadow school administrators to understand what their needs around data and school management really are
- Partner with designers and engineers to design solutions, prioritize the roadmap, and help customers accomplish their goals
- Examine on-boarding and conversion flows to find weak points and improve activation, retention, and conversion
Your first year you'll do things like:
- Find ways to make teachers more successful in the classroom over the course of the school year
- Have an impact on millions of students and arm them for success in school and in life
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software product management
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) and a collaborative nature, including listening skills
- Project management and organizational skills
- High degree of empathy for those within and beyond the team, including K-12 students
- Critical thinking and analytical abilities; experience with BI/analytics tools and SQL is a big plus
- Educational background or experience (in the classroom or in edtech) is a big plus
- Technical, design, or marketing background a plus
- Passion for shipping the best products and achieving the best outcomes for users and customers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.