Posted about 1 year ago
Products and Technology
Job DetailsSenior Product Manager- Cloud Services
Salesforce Commerce Cloud is the global leader of Cloud eCommerce solutions that enable the world's most recognized brands to easily design and deploy robust eCommerce sites across traditional web, mobile, tablet and in-store applications. Customers use our highly scalable and integrated Cloud platform to more quickly launch and manage multiple eCommerce stores, initiate marketing campaigns and drive eCommerce traffic on a global scale. We are focused on the continuous development of a cutting-edge Cloud platform loaded with features and functionality that allow our clients to provide an eCommerce experience unparalleled in the industry.
You will be a major influencer in building out the next generation Platform for Salesforce Commerce Cloud. Successful candidates will have the ability to bridge business and technical considerations to bring innovative and effective products to market. This role is a unique opportunity for a candidate who is motivated, talented and a strong leader - an individual who can set a product vision and strategy and drive the organization forward to deliver against that vision.
Work with the platform and kernel team to manage the release process, tightly integrate and balance functionality and feasibility, and manage implementation timelines with a keen understanding of the underlying architecture and supporting technologies.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Operate as Product Owner, defining product backlog, sprint and release planning, backlog prioritization, story mapping, and additional Agile processes.
- Work with broader product management team development teams to ensure product features are assigned to active Scrum sprints
- Take accountability for the realization of the product vision through product delivery, company enablement, and customer/partner adoption.
- Engage customers, prospects, partners and industry resources to determine business requirements, technical considerations and strategic objectives.
- Capture and document market needs and product requirements necessary to succeed in the markets we serve - use cases, personas, cross-functional deliverables.
- Understand current and emerging Cloud technology in consumer facing environments, and works closely with platform and kernel teams and other Salesforce stakeholders to prioritize issues and deliver solutions in a timely manner
- Work with the client-facing teams within Commerce Cloud (sales, support, services, training, etc.) to ensure these teams are enabled on new product / feature delivery.
- Own definition and delivery of critical components of our cloud infrastructure.
- Work closely with all product teams to build and deliver cloud-based security services.
- Understand and write product requirements for new cloud infrastructure, in coordination with peer product managers when needed.
- Understand how all our security products work and define success criteria and metrics
Experience and Education (minimums):
- Plan & execute site acceleration and optimization efforts, including the definition of test goals, ROI, tracking metrics, sample size, and testing duration.
- Collect and analyze data from multiple sources to evaluate success of accelerations and optimization efforts, develop insights into customer behavior, and evaluate the effectiveness of existing metrics.
- Generates hypothesis, solicits ideas from stakeholders, and work from a testing roadmap to ensure campaigns are run on time and without conflict.
- Partner with UX, Design, Development, and stakeholders in the production of campaign assets.
- Presentations with large audiences are required.
- 5 years related Software Product Management, Solution Engineer, Performance Engineer, or related experience focused on cloud services such as Content Delivery Networks (CDN), Front End Optimization services (FEO), Web Application Firewalls (WAF), Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Attack protection, BOT mitigation and management strategies, and other areas related to site acceleration or website security and applications.
- 3+ years of technical experience and knowledge in the area of infrastructure such as software-based services (SaaS), AWS, GCP and other Cloud technology required
- Domain expertise in security and cloud architectures.
- Prior experience in building and driving distributed platform products
- Passionate about Internet of Things (IoT), Edge computing space, especially around designing resilient and scalable products and web sites
- Demonstrated leadership skills, to include influence and persuasion
- Proven ability to work effectively with multiple levels of management
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external customers
- Experience as a product owner in a SCRUM agile development environment
- Proven track record of setting aggressive delivery goals and rallying the team to meet those critical goals.
- Experience working with Network or Infrastructure Engineers
- Exceptional critical thinking & analytical skills and the ability to make informed & fast decisions related to product feature design and direction. Demonstrated experience of 'owning' the decision/solution.
- Leadership & command presence is required; ability to lead product vision, strategy and feature decisions across geographically dispersed teams is essential.
- Ability to engage in detailed technical discussions with engineering and operational teams and making technology related product decisions
- Knowledge of PCI/DSS, GDPR, and ISO 27001 standards
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field Required
- Graduate studies in Business Emphasis (MBA) is a plusTravel several times per year to conferences and other corporate locations
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.