Lob’s mission is to build APIs for businesses to increase the connectivity between the offline and online worlds.
It’s our goal to build an API toolkit that allows organizations to innovate, move faster, and better differentiate themselves. With software transforming the way companies and people interact at an ever-accelerating rate, merging the offline and online worlds has become more important than ever. We offer remote working opportunities in California, Texas, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, and Illinois. You can also work onsite at our San Francisco headquarters.
Our Data team powers Lob’s core business. As Lob’s Senior Product Manager for Data, you will drive and deliver innovative, API-first services for our Print and Mail API. We’re looking for an individual who is passionate about helping create the product roadmap at a dynamic and fast-growing startup, working closely with a world-class engineering and design team to deliver game-changing product capabilities, and interacting cross-functionally and directly with customers in order to understand product adoption and drive continuous product improvements.
You will be responsible for our Data Team. We want this person to set up core processes and roadmaps that will help us scale these teams over time. You will manage the creation of new features, prioritize and balance incoming data requests and build out data pipelines across the company, and partner with our PMs and stakeholders across the organization to drive innovation.
As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll...
- Create requirements documents and release milestones and drive project execution and deliveries
Prioritize and balance incoming business and product analytical requests and build out data pipelines and data driven product features across the company
- Define and lead the vision and strategy for analytics, data warehouse, infrastructure, data applications
Strong analytical business intelligence and product analytical tools
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs of the data platform from internal and external stakeholders to drive product requirements and come up with intuitive data solutions
- Collaborate with Engineering and cross functional teams, providing them customer and business context and engage at a detailed technical level to ensure standardization and data driven design approach.
- Be an evangelist of data quality from the data production stage
- Perform in-depth analysis of data products and drive improvements in both data quality and design
Additional duties and responsibilities may include but will not be limited to...
- Define success metrics for the team and drive feature prioritization, process improvements, and product development
- Evangelize the value of data/analytics and help drive a data-informed culture; numbers are only as good as the way in which they are presented, and the person in this role should have a point of view on how to make our data intelligible and important to the rest of the company
- Collaborate with Infosec and drive projects around data privacy related areas
- What should infrastructure look like 2 years from now for a platform that runs AI/ML workloads
- Develop the Market & Product Requirements on how Machine Learning can be applied across the platform and our solutions to delight our customers
- Drive our beta programs for Machine Learning
For this role, we’re looking for...
- 3+ years of relevant product management experience but will consider candidates with less number of years if they have shipped a number of large scale products
Technical Proficiency: Potential markers of technical proficiency include but is not limited to a computer science degree, software engineering experience, passing a basic system design interview, ability to dig into the weeds of a technical product with reduced engineering support or you’ve started a technical business before.
- Proven ability to motivate, lead, and collaborate with engineering, and other cross-functional teams
- Prior experience building or working with APIs or technically equivalent product is preferred
- Experience transforming business and product strategy into well-articulated product specs, using both quantitative and qualitative data to inform product direction and priorities
- Extraordinary written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both executive-level discussions and functional deep dives with engineering
- Fantastic problem-solving abilities, analytical horsepower, an attention to detail, and a willingness to do whatever it takes from an execution perspective
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend)
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Paid parental leave
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Dog-friendly office
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Forbes 30 Under 30 - Enterprise Technology 2017
#61 on Y Combinator's Top Companies List 2018
#26 2018 Fastest-Growing Private Companies, The Business Journals