Product Managers at GitLab have a unique opportunity to define the future of the entire DevOps lifecycle. We are working on a single application that allows developers to invent, create, and deploy modern applications.
We want to facilitate onboarding to Concurrent DevOps: users may not be aware of its potential, we will show them how easy and powerful it is! We want to support large teams working on mission-critical software across the entire company, and also single developers starting a new visionary project from scratch.
We work in a very unique way at GitLab, where flexibility and independence meet a high paced, pragmatic way of working. And everything we do is in the open.
We're looking for a PM to ensure an excellent purchase, trial, upgrade, seat addition, and renewal experience for GitLab customers. This role will involve creating a flexible and powerful billing and licensing system upon which we can build world class customer experiences. The role will also involve important system level integrations with key 3rd party systems such as Zuora and Stripe.
We encourage people to apply even if they don't have an established background in this role yet, but they feel this page describes exactly what they have a strong attitude for. Product managers always start off somewhere, and it's ok if that somewhere is GitLab.
We recommend looking at our about page and at the product handbook to get started.
Drive the product in the right direction
- Build an effective roadmap to prioritize important features properly
- Take high-level feature proposals and customer problems and break them into small iterations that engineering can work on
Balance new features, improvements, and bugfixes to ensure a high velocity and a stable product
- Consider the business impact, ROI, and other implications when taking important decisions
Take an active role in defining the future
Manage the product lifecycle end-to-end
- Follow feature development end-to-end; provide guidance and feedback to engineers and designers; ensure everyone is aligned
- Be the voice of the customer and the subject-matter expert for your group
- Contribute to documentation, blog posts, demos, and marketing materials for product features
- Collaborate with other Product Managers, UX, and engineers in cross-area features to build a single application
- Manage the uncertainty in an efficient way, adjusting plans to new working conditions
- Drive teams to acquire necessary data in order to back assumptions, show value, and drive prioritization
Engage with stakeholders in two-way communication
- Assist Sales, Support, Customer Success, and Marketing as the subject-matter expert for your area
Talk to customers and engage with the community regularly
- Engage with analysts on briefings and product evaluations
- Work with the entire Product team to share improvements and best practices
You are not responsible for
A team of engineers: you will take the lead in decisions about the product, but not manage the people implementing it
Capacity planning: you will define priorities, but the Engineering Manager evaluates the amount of work possible
Shipping in time: you will work in a group, but the group is responsible for shipping in time, not you
- Experience in product management
- Strong understanding of Git and Git workflows
- Knowledge of the developer tool space
- Strong technically: you understand how software is built, packaged, and deployed
- Strong business operations skills and an ability to think systematically about complex workflows
- Previous experience managing system level integrations (bonus points for billing & licensing systems)
- Passion for design and usability
- Highly independent and pragmatic
- Excellent proficiency in English
- You are living wherever you want and are excited about the all remote lifestyle
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Bonus points: experience with GitLab
- Bonus points: experience in working with open source projects
Primary Performance Indicator for the Role