Posted about 1 year ago
Sr. Product Manager – Marketplace Health (Remote)
REMOTE · Toronto, Ontario, Canada · Product Management
What’s cooler than creating products for esports? Building them with a team of extremely talented people fanatic about games. If you are a passionate, entrepreneurial-spirited individual who thrives in taking ideas from concept to market, this is the role for you.
We’re looking for a product leader that will take the largest global marketplace for esports tournaments and leagues to the Challenger tier. If you feel your blood rushing when you think about features for supply side and demand side, we’re looking for you!
Who you are
- Experienced at building, evolving and developing marketplaces
- 5+ years experience shipping digital products
- Amazing at translating broad vision into decisive action
- KPI and data driven
- Meticulous, but believes a good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week
- Understands that delighting users is as important as delivering features
- Deep intuition and passion for esports
- Appreciates a high impact, high visibility role
- A strong advocate for user needs, focused on delivering the best user experience possible
- Fully own Battlefy’s marketplace growth, bringing organizers and players together for the most thrilling competition experiences.
- Gather and synthesize market, customer and partner requirements, internal objectives and roadmaps, technical feasibility, costs, timing, etc. and translate these into product requirements.
- Describe the users’ end-to-end interactions with the product and the steps required to achieve a specific goal through user journeys, flow diagrams and/or story maps
- Collaborate with an agile engineering and design team to drive implementations, delivering simple and elegant solutions
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Support on market positioning and product releases (ie: education, distribution)
- Collect and measure key product metrics to inform success/failure of each release and plan iterations accordingly
- Develop and maintain comprehensive analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of complementary and competing products
- Explore, evaluate, and present new opportunities and partnerships
Who you don’t need to be
- You don’t need to be a start-up veteran. If you’re down for the risk and willing to devote the energy and fortitude to make Battlefy as huge and as awesome as it promises to be, we’ll give you more than a fair chance at joining the team.
- You don’t need to be a hardcore gamer. But, you need to believe that Han Solo shot first and that Dungeons and Dragons was the Big Bang of gaming.
How to Apply and What to Expect:
- In addition to a resume, please include a cover letter with a short explanation of your background, accomplishments (links to past projects are always helpful), and what excites you about Battlefy. This will help us have a multi-dimensional view of who you are and how this team can potentially fit you.
At Battlefy, you will be instrumental in fostering the team to rise up and become legends. While doing so you’ll receive a competitive salary, flexible hours, medical & dental benefits, and unlimited vacation time. Most importantly though, you will receive the support of a talented, warm and welcoming family that shares your passion and enthusiasm for building a legacy in esports.
- Competitive salary with comprehensive extended health and dental coverage
- Stock options
- Company laptop
- Unlimited vacation days
- Flexible work hours
- Helpful and friendly team
- Dog friendly office
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Social fridays (and board games!) to destress with the team
- Working with the support of a talented, warm and welcoming family that shares your passion and enthusiasm in building a legacy in esports
- And much more!
Thank you for your interest in Battlefy!
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Battlefy is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.