Senior Product Marketing Manager
We’re looking for a strategic, data-driven, Senior Product Marketer to join Zapier’s Marketing team. Zapier is on a mission to help everyone be more productive. Over 3 million professionals already use Zapier to save time at work, but there are millions more to reach and educate!
The Senior Product Marketing Manager will be instrumental in building Product Marketing at Zapier and defining our approach to core segments. You’ll work closely with leadership across marketing, user research, engineering, product, design and cross-functional stakeholders to build a comprehensive product marketing process. You will help set the strategy, uncover and champion insights, develop segmentation, build value props, help design and scale launch plans, grow user engagement, and create a metrics-driven approach to driving product success. This is a critical role that will help define Product Marketing for Zapier.
This position will require a deep passion for product marketing, the ability to toggle between strategy and execution, the skills to navigate complex challenges, and a knack for developing thought leadership that drives activation.
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You’re an experienced Product Marketer. You have 10+ years working in Product Marketing or a related field, such as Integrated Marketing or marketing strategy, progressing in roles of increasing scope/responsibility. Preference for demonstrated product marketing depth in B2B products or in situations where the User doubles as an influencer/buyer.
You’re a big picture thinker who can also get down in the details. You are able to set the strategic agenda to help Zapier win over the long term. You comfortably navigate across levers in a full marketing mix, designing appropriate solutions for each opportunity. You truly feel ownership over the customer, consumer, and user experiences – driving initiatives through relentless advocacy and being “all in” on helping to develop and influence execution.
You’ve led segmentation and positioning work on an emerging customer base. You are comfortable with complex segmentation and positioning challenges, and you aren’t discouraged or afraid to tackle nebulous problems. You utilize a data-driven approach to establish meaningful customer segments and focus on what matters to test and develop positioning.
You’re a problem solver at heart. You’re a hypothesis-driven problem solver who tests theories with data and can quickly identify levers/sources of value. You know how to pull insights from data and develop an organizational framework to help build/uplevel the function.
You’re committed to being an awesome teammate. You love to work with marketing and product development teams to drive development roadmap, advocate for the customer, and deliver world-class programs. You can effectively build relationships across the organization as an advocate for customers while managing stakeholders to bring the organization along on the journey.
You’re analytically driven. You have a passion for designing analysis that unearths tangible insights or key learnings to drive organization-wide decision making. You are able to frame your solutions for others and turn your approach into organizational frameworks, influencing broader marketing analysis and a repeatable approach to drive decision making.
You use metrics to evaluate progress and want to win. You define critical business metrics and can advocate for their importance/impact in business results. You focus on what matters to drive critical initiatives (reduce noise, amplify signal) – clearly tracking progress and monitoring performance to accelerate opportunities or mitigate risks
Things You’ll Do
- Help define and build Zapier’s approach to Product Marketing
- Own the marketing strategy, planning, and roadmap advocacy for Zapier products to influence and build product development, roadmap, and launch plans
- Work closely with the product teams and other marketing teams to develop positioning, communications, and marketing strategy based on a deep, validated understanding of the target market
- Figure out how we should distinctly position ourselves against competitors, how our strategy needs to change to reach our market, and where there’s untapped opportunity
- Identify and validate how different people use our product in different ways. Establish clear segments that our teams can use to build smarter lifecycle content, offer more relevant paid packages, and more
- Drive segmentation of our users, understanding their unique pain points and highlighting key use cases. Help our product teams drive more usage for Zapier and develop beloved products
- Conduct research, craft messaging, and build initiatives that help people discover how our products can solve their problems
- Advocate internally for a deep understanding of Zapier’s users and segments, how they perceive the product and communicate their needs
- Know our current and future customers better than anyone.
- Tell Zapier’s story. Explain how our product adds value and solves problems, using language that resonates with the audience you’re trying to reach
- As a part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
- For the past seven years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
- We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
- We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
- We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
- We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
If you want to work remote, that’s great. If you want to work near others, that’s cool too. Our team of 200+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don’t have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.