“Digital Transformation” has been one of the most dominating buzzwords of the past five years; NearForm are world leaders in delivering this transformation, helping companies thrive in an era of continuous technological change.
Our teams of experts are helping our clients build cloud-native solutions using industry-leading design, technology and methodology for software development and platform engineering.
We help companies define and deliver on their digital strategy quickly and in a programmatic, sustainable and scalable fashion. NearFormers help change an organisation’s culture to constantly adapt to what’s coming next.
Being a global company with a remote workforce allows us to hire without location constraints; we hire the best of the best. Our distributed workforce also allows us to service clients across the globe, you can find us from Dublin to Dubai!
How we work
We follow a methodology of discover, deliver, transfer. We harness the multi-disciplinary expertise across senior management to scope projects out and agree on a project plan with the client. Next, we assemble a delivery team with deep knowledge in relevant fields to provide solutions on a milestone-driven basis to ensure high-quality and speedy delivery. Lastly, we ensure that we transfer the delivery capability to the client team.
We also support clients with their digital transformations through our Staff Augmentation program. We bolster their technical team; our experts integrate with existing technical teams to help fill any capability gaps and offer support through their in-depth knowledge in the given field.
What will you be doing?
Join a highly-skilled multidisciplinary team; typically consisting of designers, front-end and back-end experts, DevOps engineers, and also members of the client team. This mix follows a modern agile development methodology where we run 2-week sprints with a defined backlog, daily standups, weekly demos, sprint planning and sprint retros; all with as little ceremony as necessary.
What do we ask of you?
- 6+ years experience developing at an enterprise level
- Evidence of real-world delivery of solutions and platforms
- Experience with a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Fluent English & superb communication skills (written and oral)
- Located in Europe
- Availability for short-term travel on a semi-regular basis
3+ years of experience withReact & Node.js
- HTML and CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Best practice and design patterns, such as CSS paradigms (OOCSS, SMACSS, and BEM)
- Ajax, JSON and RESTful web services
- Modern knowledge of front-end performance
- Build tools such as Gulp, Grunt, Browserify and Webpack
- Versioning tools, in particular, GIT
What will you get?
- Work/Life balance: we have a genuine dedication to work/life balance.
- Family-friendly: we understand how important family is, so our flexible environment allows you to work around what matters - school run, no problem!
- The Wellness Hub: we offer resources and support and have a genuine commitment to fostering/improving nearFormer’s wellbeing.
- Knowledge perks: explore new hobbies, brush up on life skills or simply learn something new, there is something there for everyone.
- NearFest: we all get together in person at our annual company retreat
Why do you want to join the team?
We adopt a person-first approach to hiring. That means we hire the best people – it’s as simple as that. Our lucky HR team gets to pick the cream of the crop from around the world and has brought together a collection of dynamic and talented individuals we like to call ‘NearFormers’.
Although we are widely dispersed, NearFormers are a tightly-knit team. We trust one another and care about our colleagues. Building on our open-source origins, we promote the sharing of thoughts, knowledge and ideas.
NearForm is committed to shaping a better world in all that we do. Our global team is built based on respect, inclusivity, diversity and excellence.