Posted about 1 year ago
We are a french start-up occurring in the field of music streaming.
WAW MUZIK was born from an idea : Africa is full of music fans and talents, but no one has yet find the sustainable model for music listening.
We did it! We created an innovative model, based on micropayment and curation, that will fit the people needs as well as give artists a fair pay for their music.
Together with the leading telecommunications operator in French-speaking countries and the world leader in music production, we are about to launch our streaming music app in Ivory Coast. Thanks to the scalability of our model, we aim at becoming the leader streaming music service in West Africa in the years to come.
We therefore want to surround ourselves with passionated, talentuous, engaged and dynamic men and women, who will accompany us in this challenge.
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Senior Android Engineer to join us.
You can drive development and delivery, build sound architecture and foster best practices in mobile and mentoring other engineers to grow.
You will play an important part in our mobile engineering practice, implementing new features, improving performance, and building beautiful user interfaces. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you'll do
- You design, build, and maintain high-performance, reliable, and reusable code to produce an Android App that will be used by millions of end-users in Africa
- You are your team's technical expert and ensure the right architectural choices are made on all of your team's projects
- You collaborate closely with your team's Product Manager and the Leadership to determine a product roadmap which your team can commit to and which supports the overall product business strategy.
- You help your Product Manager assess regular project status and identify blockers.
- You own your team's larger, potentially multi-person, projects and coordinate with Tech Leads from other teams to identify and resolve technical dependencies
- You coach your more junior colleagues on software practices, architecture design, and technologies
- You help maintain code quality and follow best-in-class software practices
- You carefully balance performance, memory and network usage to minimize the app footprint and thereby respect users, and our service infrastructure
- You thoughtfully architect future-proof features which will live in the wild for as long as the apps they support
- You maintain testing and documentation systems to support your team and yourself
- You follow agile methodologies and participate in your team's agile ceremonies
- You work with colleagues from other tech teams across the company to coordinate on software changes and resolve dependencies that affect your features
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent.
- 5 years of professional software development experience.
- 3 years of mobile software development experience.
- Have shipped Android apps and/or Android SDKs/Libraries with a server component.
- Thorough knowledge of Java, Gradle, Android Studio.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to use them on a distributed team.
- Fluent English is required. French speaking will be highly appreciated.
- Experience with streaming, offline storage, memory limit, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with the music industry
You want to be part of that wonderful projet and face up such great challenges? It's right now! Email us with your resume @: email@example.com