Posted about 1 year ago
DataRobot is a rapidly growing, VC-backed, SAAS Company based in Boston, MA. The Senior Revenue Accountant will primarily be responsible for the Company's adherence to revenue standards under ASC606 including the implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures, and controls associated with the relevant process. This person will also play an active role in the revenue cycle from invoicing to cash collection.
- Prepare month-end general ledger close activities including journal entries and reconciliations primarily related to revenue and revenue related accounts however will assist in other accounting areas.
- Prepare analyses on revenue to give insights into future revenue expectations, expose areas for further review, and to determine better revenue recognition procedures.
- Prepare reports to be included in the monthly reporting package to be provided to Company executives.
- Work closely with the contracts and sales teams on deal structure and pricing.
- Continue to monitor and report on overdue invoices and plan an active role in collection efforts.
- Consistently focus on improving days to invoice and days to collect.
- Assist in the customer set-up, invoicing, and cash collection process.
- Continually assess our processes and procedures and implement changes to promote efficiency, with a primary focus on improved use of technology.
- Create risk and control matrices and related process and policy documents for respective processes. Implement new controls as needed to ensure risks are
- Work collaboratively with FP&A and others within the organization to constantly think about we track data and improve data tracking for decision making processes.
- Work closely with auditors.
- Assist in various special projects as they arise.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance preferred, although not required.
- 2+ years in an accounting experience, public accounting preferred, although not required.
- Experience in working with ASC606 and software companies preferred, although not required.
- CPA is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and a desire to continue to develop knowledge.
- Very proactive, hardworking and strong desire to succeed.
- Be able to work in a fast paced, start-up environment.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Great team player and willing to roll up sleeves to help others on the team.